Fajita-burrita!

I don't really know why I included "burrita" in that title. It just rhymed. I like it.

Anywho!

We made fajitas last night. I've been craving them for WEEKS. I'm so glad we finally did because they were delicious.

STEAK!
MARINATED AND CUT UP STEAK!
The finished product.
 
They were a whole bunch of yum. And really simple to make.
 
If you're interested, here's what we did:
 
Easy Fajitas
 
1lb steak (I used bottom round- bad idea. Use skirt steak or any of your favorite cuts)
1 packet fajita seasoning
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow onion
1 pkg flour tortillas
apple cider vinegar
 
Cut steak at an angle and put into a large ziplock bag. Try to cut the steak very thin, as this well help it be a little less tough. Toss in fajita seasoning and a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (this will help break down the meat to make it more tender). Shake it all together and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but up to 24.
 
When ready, slice the green peppers and yellow onions into thin slices. Heat a pan on medium high heat and place the green peppers in it. Let them sit in the high heat for a few minutes, tossing around periodically to make sure they don't stick (the peppers have a high water content, so they should provide enough lubrication on their own, no oil necessary), then turn it down to medium. The peppers will take a lot longer to cook than the onions. I would give them around 15-20 minutes on their own, before putting in the white onions. Salt and pepper as desired. Add in the onions when ready.
 
Add the steak in after the onions become translucent, allowing for a little of the vinegar/seasoning mixture into the pan. Cook the meat to your desired doneness. This really should only take a few minutes.
 
Pile the yummyness into a heated tortilla (we just wrap ours in damp papertowels and microwave them for 30 seconds), throw on some cheese, sour cream, and lime if you'd like, then eat up! We felt that Uncle Bens Carribean Rice and some black beans were a great side. But there's plenty of other things that would be great with it as well. A side salad, fried plantains, corn, or even chips and salsa.
 
 
On one last note, in my last entry I mentioned how excited and proud I was of my boys on the FGCU basketball team. Well, I'm even more proud now, as they've made history. They're the first 15th seed to ever make it into the Sweet Sixteen, and I have faith that they'll make it to the top 8. They are working their tails off to get to their dreams. Couldn't be a more proud alumnea.
 
 
Have a great night, y'all!
 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.