Green Beans for People Who Don't Like Green Beans



Hey guys! I thought today might be a good day for a nice, healthy recipe, since we're all probably about to indulge this weekend!

Just kidding. I just made this recipe up last night and I had nothing else to write about today, so recipe you shall receive. 


I call this 'Green Beans for People Who Don't Like Green Beans' because I can't stand those little pods, but I inhaled this. Not joking, I even finished it before my RIBS last night. That's messed up. 



So you'll need just a few ingredients. 

Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Green Beans (Fresh, cut off both ends)
Crumbled Blue Cheese
1/3 Yellow Onion, Diced
1/3 cup Pine Nuts
8-10 Cherry/Grape Tomatoes, cut in half (forgot these in the photo)



First, toast your pine nuts. You just put a dry frying pan on medium heat, toss in the pine nuts and take them off when they're all toasty lookin'. Like this:



Next, turn the pan down just a smidge, and pour a little olive oil into it. Toss in your onions and cook until translucent. 




Then throw in your cleaned green beans, and cook for a minute or two. 



Add in some lemon juice, maybe a tablespoon...



...and the tomatoes. 



Put a lid over and let the beans steam until they're cooked to your liking (10ish minutes for crisper, 20 or so for softer), stirring occasionally. 


Mix in an amount of blue cheese that you're comfortable with, add the toasted pine nuts and some salt and pepper, and BAM. Yum town. 



This really did turn out SO GOOD you guys. I made it up with just random ingredients from the fridge. 

I typically cook my beans with 1tbsp of bacon grease (I'm from the south, what do you want from me?), a little worcestshire sauce, and then a shock of apple cider vibegar right before serving. We were outbof worcestshire sauce and that's sort of the main flavor changer in that greenbean game, so this is what cane out of it. 

Enjoy! And have a nice weekend! 







3 comments :

  1. MMmmm sounds yummy. My hubby makes green beans with chicken stock and fat back....not exactly the healthiest thing ever, but....delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The best way to make green beans generally involves a fatty meat, haha. These were good, though! I was surprised!

      Delete
  2. you've made me really uncomfortable with your declaration of not liking green beans.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.