Wedding Woes...

I was sitting at my desk today, working, when my phone buzzed with a new email. My brain was mush, so I decided to take a second and go through all of the ones I had recieved so far.

And there it was...taunting me....

An email from The Knot, reminding me that my wedding is only 7 months out and that I'm WAY behind in my planning! Ugh.

I feel like I've been very lucky in my planning, as my location provides me with a wedding coodinator and they also provide pretty much anything you could want for free (with a set-up fee, of course). Due to this, we've had to do very minimal. We've chosen our bridal parties, made a guest list, secured our photographer, and we even know how we want our table settings to be.

Because of all of this, I tend to feel like I'm ahead of my game and that I must have some secret that other brides don't have because I've remained calm, cool and collected the whole time! When really, it's just because my parents and Amanda (our wedding coodinator) have been saving my ass. Hah.

When it really comes down to it, I'm mostly afraid of getting a dress. I have no qualms with myself in thinking that I'll lose so much weight between now and the wedding that it wont fit. I know myself. I continuously try to get in shape only to fall victim to sauvignon blanc and cupcakes.

I love the little things in life- what do you want from me?

It's mostly just that I'm very indecisive. I'm so afraid that I'll buy one and then completely change my mind a month later!

All I know, is that it needs to be done soon.

ANYWAYS!

It was a good little push to get some finalizations in order. Was that sentence phrased correctly? Is finalizations a word? Eh, it is now.

Due to the whole feeling-awful-about-trying-to-fit-into-a-dress thing, I ate one dang delicious salad for dinner. It was kind of an on-a-whim sort of salad, but kind of not.

We had planned on eating steak and bleu cheese salads, and it basically was, but there were quite a few additions which made it a bit unique.

It went like this...

 
 
(I'm not going to write it out like a recipe, because I only made it for one and it's not complicated.)
 
I just threw some baby spinach and italian salad blend into a bowl. Next, I cut up son green onion, mushrooms, and green and red bell pepper and tossed that in. I added a little shredded cheddar cheese (you'd be surprised that this actually makes a difference over the blue cheese dressing) and some cut up kalamata olives.
 
My steak was cut and marinated in apple cider vineger for 24 hours, to tenderize it, then cooked in a pan with just a little salt and pepper. I drained the liquid and let it cool, so that it didn't wilt my lettuce. Next, I took my pretty pictures (note, I currently can only take photos with my iPhone, so those 4 years of photography in highschool are NOT being put to use...):
 



 
 
Now time for some silly pictures!
 

 
I love 'naners.

I'm sure most of you are already familiar with Trader Joes products, but in case some of you haven't gotten to experience this gloriousness, Inner Peas are the most amazing thing ever.


They taste like salty cheetohs without the cheese. Mmm... cheetohs...

And now a little joke, courtesy of Tijuana Flats on Instagram! (The BEST Tex-Mex place!)


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.