25th birthday... Complete with gifs.

 
Because who doesn't love GIFs?
 
I'm going to keep the backstory for this short and sweet, because lets be real, you guys don't come here to hear some sad sap story, you come here for wine drinkin' and bitching about my wonderful fiancé.
 
 
 
I can't have any of the wedding dresses that I want because I've let myself go.
 
 
 
Now, I don't really care that much about my wedding dress. I care more about focusing on our marriage after and having a good time with our family and friends at the reception.
 
However, it did strike me though: how many thing had I missed out on that I wanted because I let my body hold me back?
 
I'm a confident person, and I'm very comfortable with myself, but there are quite a few things that I let my weight hold myself back from.
 
There was a period of time where I was at a normal weight, and I felt fantastic and had so much fun.
 

 
 
Time to get to the point of this entry.
 
I'm turning 25 in two weeks. I'm getting married in 3 and a half months. I pay all of my own bills, I have a full time job that I love, and I'm at a point in my life where I really need to start thinking about where my life is going.
 
So I'm going to be trying to incorporate some changes in my life. I'm not going to go crazy, but there are a lot of things I should be considering in my life. There is an entire person, in my head, that I know I can be and want to be, but I have to work for it. Here are the things I'm thinking:
 
 
Start taking better care of my body. I need to start eating less processed foods. It's not bad to enjoy it every now and then, and I don't want to cut it out completely, but I need to start cooking more of my own meals. I also need to start doing some kind of activity. Cleaning the condo once a week and wandering around Publix for an hour doesn't burn many calories, haha.
 
Start saving more money. We're going to be married this year and we have a lot of dreams that we talk about for the future. We want a house out in the country with a lot of land, a kid or two, a dog or two, a boat, vacations, a dream kitchen, etc. Jason is much better at saving than I am, but as soon as we have a substantial amount of money saved, he gets an itch to go blow it all on something. We need to start thinking more towards that.
 
 
 
Stop spending money on dumb things. I buy lunch out A LOT. Lets get real, here. My drinking budget is not going to change, but there's no reason I need to go buy lunch some where every day at work. A lunch out should be a Friday thing, not en every day thing.
 
 
 
Define my style. As of this moment, I'm a chameleon. I love to play dress up. One day, I might be dressed a la miss Holly Golightly, the next day, I'll be in a flowy boho maxi. The day after that, I'm might be totally prepped out. I attribute this to the fact that I was meant to be an actress, but I never followed my dreams. However, I'd really like to narrow down a good style for myself, and fill my closet with quality clothing, instead of the cheap stuff that I have right now.
But when I do, best believe I be like:
 
 
 
Those are my top 5 things that I want to work on through my 25th year of life.
 

Sami's Shenanigans

A quick little weekend shananies update, since I didn't do much.

Bought my wedding dress (more on that on Wednesday).
Sat on my butt, because it monsooned.
And that's it!
Yep. I'm not joking.
I did NOTHING.
And loves ever second of it.

 

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments :

  1. happy early birthday and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for birthdays and your wedding! sounds like you are on the right track!!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great list; totally doable. i bring my lunch every day which as has saved me like, $60per week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.