Why I blog and Back That Azz Up Friday

Todays post is brought to you by the lovely Lesie over at Blonde Ambition Blog. (And later on by Whitney at I Wore Yoga Pants.)
 
There are probably a lot of deep, terrifyingly personal reasons as to why I blog, but the vodka-sodas I've been sucking down are (for once) holding them back instead of letting 'em fly. Some of these just might be sarcastic. But only just a little. Kind of.
 
Reasons why I blog.
 
I can't seem to detach my fingertips from a computer keyboard. Ever. That keyboard might even be the one on my iPhone. Therefore, I might as well do something constructive with my time.
 
Looks a little something like that.
Or that.
 
 
I live an hour away from all of my friends, so the only human interaction I get (besides annoying old people who can't drive for a lick) are my coworkers and future hubby. I feel like by reading your blogs, and writing about my life (even if no one reads it), it's similar to building a friendship. There are a few of you out there whom I already feel a kinship to, even if you don't even know I exist.
 
I wanted to be a writer and I failed. At my college, they didn't offer a creative writing or a journalism degree. They offered a minor in journalism, which I was too busy binge drinking to consider, and I did take a creative writing class, but that was about it. I've written my whole life. I was the girl who wrote her friends essays for them in college. I sat in my bedroom every night through out middle school tappa-tappa-tappin' out love stories on a computer that was made before the internet existed. The thing about writing is, to be successful, you have to write something that someone wants to read. I can't guarantee that anything I say at all will be interesting or insightful, or even funny. I can, however, guarantee that it's what I wanted to tell you that day. It might be about the best dang fried chicken I've ever had, or fitting an entire bottle of wine into one glass (then drinking it, of course). It may even be just a bunch of random .gifs that I thought were hilarious. What? That's not writing?

 
Whatever. Eat it.
 
I'm nosy and I love reading other peoples blogs. Writing my own makes me feel not so guilty about my stalkerish pleasures.
 
I have dreams of being able to work from home, creatively. I haven't been able to peg yet what exactly it is I want to do, or if I'll even be good at it, but someday. Soooooomeday.
 
I just love to learn about people. Their blogs are the best way. Some of you are centered around perfection: showing people the prettiest, shiniest things in your life. Others are a little more human. I get to read about your hangovers, your incredibly sarcastic thoughts about your coworkers, your pets, and sometimes, your dreams. I love both of those types of people. But I couldn't love one without the other. You balance each other out.
 
You let me indulge my want to over-use commas. As proven above.
 
Lastly, you make me feel like I'm not the only bat-shit-crazy one out there.

 
And now for the moment you've all been waiting for...DUN DUN NUH NUHHHHHHH:
 






post signature

10 comments :

  1. Hi Jess! I just stumbled on to your blog from #backthatazzupfriday. I used the same song last week! Too funny. I live in Florida too!

    Angela
    http://adventurestorememberfl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that I loved that song so much when I was little and NEVER realized what they were talking about until years later! Even funnier is that my mom used to listen to it with me in the car. She HATES hip-hop and definitely must not have been paying attention to the words! Haha.

      Delete
  2. hahahahahaha, love your reasons for blogging. So frank and so fun!

    blog stalking is the best :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is. I might be such a creeper but it makes me so happy! Haha!

      Delete
  3. Hey girl! Found you from the linkup. Where in the "deep south" of FL are ya? I live in Mobile, AL right across the border. Your blog is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'm in East Naples. To get to my house you have to take exit 101 off the highway, which is the last exit before you ride Alligator Alley across the state straight through the Everglades! And you actually have to go about 20 minutes more south once you get off at that exit, haha. I love Alabama! I've been there a few times to stay on my way to Texas and back. Always warm and welcome!

      Delete
  4. Blogging totally gives you a reason to overuse commas. That's my exact problem. It's also the reason I love gifs so much. I related to your list here so much. I was way too busy binge drinking in college to be actually learning or developing my writing skills. At least I'm catching up now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. One thing I've discovered in blogland is that a lot, and I mean A LOT, of people went to college and aren't using their degrees at all. Makes me not feel so bad about not getting the one I really wanted. I ended up with one that's so general I can use it anywhere. The one saving-grace-drunken-decision I made through out college. The rest we can just forget about....

      Delete
  5. This is so funny and honest. Love it. I only just discovered the blogging side of this, after having lurked around for way too long. In all fairness, it is probably due to it being revision period and exams on monday. Wish I was doing a degree in procrastination. Excited to have found your blog at least:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a firm believer that procrastination breeds the most interesting writing. I wrote every essay and paper in college the night before it was due (including a 10 page paper on the effects of aspartame on the body- yep). Drop on by any time and I'll be sure to stop by yours!

      Delete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.