Our Little Bitty Dreams

So, we're home owners now.
Yep!


We closed on the house on May 7th and have been diligently tearing it apart, piece by piece ever since. We currently have the kitchen destroyed down to the bones. We opened up part of the wall, into the living room, and took out the drop ceiling- which will raise our cabinets a good 8 inches and give us higher ceilings in that room. We're not doing anything else too dramatic to the kitchen: painting cabinets, changing light fixtures, moving the fridge, and new hardware, but it already looks like a new kitchen.



I've also started painting the guest bedroom, which will be my office, into a nice springy green called Fresh Willow by Behr. We have the rest of the house to paint, but once the kitchen and painting are finished, then we're done for now. The guest bathroom was redone before we moved in, so I'll paint that and we changed the light out, but otherwise it's good. The master bath needs a desperate overhaul, but for now, we're going to leave it.



In the future, the garage will be built into half laundry room, half work shop for Jason, and within the first few weeks of moving in, the front of the house will get a severe face lift, which is absolutely necessary. I actually can't stand the outside of our house, but I've made a little rendering of what it will look like when it's all said and done. The rendering is dramatic, of course, but I did my best with my limited Paint skills, haha. The lantern has already been installed, but the shutters and door need to be painted, along with all of the flowers planted.


I'll do a full post with before and after's when we get closer to finishing. But that's our little bitty baby house!
We'll make her pretty.






post signature

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.