Reasons I Keep a Smelly Boy Around



Yesterday I wrote about how much I miss living with my girlfriends. So, I thought, why don't I go ahead and stop being an ungrateful little biatch, and talk about the reasons why I love living with my husband?
 
Let me just preface this with: Jason and I have been through a lot together over the last six years.

Our relationship had its share of maybe's and breaks, and it's definitely had a lot of I want this, but you want this. Somehow, though it all, it came out to be that we're now married and incredibly happy.

There are a certain few things that happen in our household that keep me happy, though. I'm sure he has a similar list. His probably looks something like, "She bakes, she cooks, she cleans, she gives me massages, she waits on me hand and foot, she always has a cocktail ready for me when I get home from work, etc." (I didn't mean to make myself sound like a domestic goddess or anything, there are just certain things that I've taken on as my responsibility and I feel proud doing them.)

My list for him looks a little something like this:

He's a picker-upper. Every Tuesday morning, before he goes to work, Jason picks the house up a little bit. He mostly does it because he's bored and because he has an OCD heart, but I don't really care what the reasons are. I just love that when I come home on Tuesday night, the pillows are all back on the sofa, the open soda cans are in the trash can (or at LEAST emptied and on the kitchen counter), and the remote and my laptop are waiting patiently for me in my chair. Oh, this is my chair, by the way:
It's amazing. But that's another story for another post.

Piggy-backing off that first one: he always refills the toilet paper holder. When he cleans on those Tuesday mornings, he takes the big pack of toilet paper in his arms and goes from bathroom to bathroom, refilling our holders (the kind that hold 3 or 4 rolls). Rarely have I ever been in a can-you-spare-a-square moment.

He's an amazing cook. This is one of the things that he used to capture my heart. On our second date, he cooked me breakfast. He didn't just cook me any breakfast, he cooked me his uncles secret Eggs Alfredo recipe. It's basically eggs benedict but with homemade alfredo instead of hollandaise sauce. It sounds weird but it's amazing. He's continued to impress me over the last six years together.

He has a pure and open heart. He's been through a lot in his life. He grew up in a not-so-fortunate area and got into a LOT of trouble. He's done a lot of things that I won't speak about on my blog, because it's not my place, but through it all he came out on the other side to be an incredible person. He loves everyone, despite the many terrible things he's seen. He's open to hearing anyone's idea, whether it be the opposite of his, or not. If he isn't sure how he feels about something, he does the research to make up his mind. He's currently investigating his feelings on heaven and hell. He doesn't judge. It doesn't even come to his mind to judge anyone on anything (except for maybe their outfit. He thinks of himself as a little fashionista).

He's weird as hell, just like me. Jason has this thing he calls Jason TV, which is basically just what's happening inside his head. Let me just tell you, there's some weird stuff happening in there. He'll burst out laughing in the middle of a long silence, just because of some weird thing he put together in his head. Then he'll tell me it and I'll try to make sense of it. There is no making sense of it.

He buys me stuff. This isn't meant to sound gold-diggerish. This is the fact that he see's the value in an expensive bag or pair of shoes, and he isn't afraid to embrace them into our household. The first brand name bag I ever owned was a Dooney and Burke that he got me for Christmas. He also bought me my first pair of shoes that cost more than $50. They were Sperry's, and he's invested in about 8 other pairs for me since. We get along a lot because of this.


I don't want to end on He buys me stuff but it looks like I'm going to. There are a lot of other things I could put on this list, but if I give away all of his secrets, he wont be so special anymore, will he?
 
 
post signature





1 comments :

  1. he sounds like a dream! congrats you two and to many more years of happiness for you both :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.