The Bottomless Pit of Trader Joes

I say it everytime.
 
"I'm just going to stop in and pick up a couple of bottles of wine."
 
But it never fails. Any time that I set foot into a Trader Joes, I decide that I at least need to walk around the aisles a little, just to see if there is anything new on the shelves. Inevitably, I go pick up a basket and start tossing things randomly in. I just can't help it!
 
Tonight, I was going to pick up three bottles of wine. Two bottles of sauvignon blanc and one bottle of shiraz. I knew exactly what I wanted.
 
But then I saw this GORGEOUS woman in work out clothing looking at the sushi and I instantly felt bad about myself, so of course I then proceeded to "buy all the healthy foods" which really weren't that healthy, just kind of healthy.
 
 
I don't necessarily regret this, because even though I bought allll of that above, and three bottles of wine, I still made it out of there at only $35.
 
I bought the frozen fruit because we got the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid for our wedding and we still haven't used it, but I also kind of bought it because I really want to try to make a smoothie for breakfast a couple of times a week.
 
Do any of you have a good recipe for a smoothie? Preferably one that uses milk and not yogurt? I figured that I can probably just throw a handful of all of those fruits into the blender with some milk and ice and call it a day, but I also thought I'd ask.
 
I'm super excited to try the scallops with mushrooms that you see up there smack in the middle. I think it'll be delicious with that paprdelle pasta.
 
Anyways, I got off track.
 
Trader Joes is an instant mind suck. You walk into that place and you're immediately taken aback by the selections and the new things that you've never had. I always want to buy all of the organic, free range meat, but I try to keep myself away from that section. I'll go too crazy.
 
If you ever happen to find their grass fed New Zealand baby swiss- buy it. Immediately. I can't find it anymore, so they may not make it, but it was the most incredible cheese, and so cheap. It looks like this:
 
 
By the way, those mini chicken cilartro wontons? $2.99 for the bag, there are 36 of them in there and they're only 50 calories for 4 of them. I just ate 10 of them for 125 calories and they were SO DELICIOUS. They would probably be more delicious if I had pan fried them, but I microwaved them and they were still pretty darn tasty. They looka lika dis:
 
 
Trader Joes, how dare you steal my soul.
I love you.
 
But not as much as I love Publix.
 
.....my precious....
 
 
 
 
post signature

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.