Life Lately

And just like that, another week has come and gone and no posts have been written. No urge was had to write one, either. I've had a lot of fun in the last week and somehow I don't even feel that tired, even though Monday has come again. That ornery bitch.

Here's a small photo dump of what's been going on in my life lately.










1. Visited with my bestfriends last weekend. I think I might've already posted this picture on Mondays post, but I don't care. I double-triple-quadruple love my bestie testie and I'm so excited that I got to spend some time with her. We grabbed coffee on Friday afternoon, too.

2. Florida summers, doing what they do best and being super bi-polar. I absolutely love the afternoon thunderstorms, though. No hate on my end.

3. Hanging out with the dog in the backyard/patio area. I've been trying to get outside a little more lately and I especially love sitting on the patio, reading and watching her hunt for lizards.

4. We had a little BBQ night on Tuesday, where my dad grilled up some ribs with a Makers Mark/Butter/Soy Sauce/Apple Pie Moonshine glaze. They were ridiculous. I contributed carribean rice, sweet corn, and watermelon-feta salad. It was a glorious dinner.

5. Wednesday was my dad's 59th birthday so we went out to dinner at the Lobster Pot on Siesta Key. Picture is my brothers meal from that night. Lobster Thermador. Basically lobster like six ways, with mashed potatoes and rice pilaf. It was incredible. I had lobster chowder with added lobster chunks and corn bread. Also, of course, some Up Top IPA from local brewery JDubs.

6. My cousins from Virginia are down, and I haven't seen them in about 8 years. So we've been trying to spend a good amount of time with them. We had 4th of July, then on Friday we met them out at O'Leary's at Marina Jacks for some beers and nachos on the bay, while listening to the Local Celebrity Band crank out some reggae.

7&8. Took my dog for a long walk on Saturday in heat that was WAY too much for us both. She wouldn't drink any water, so I made her stop and rest in the shade of a trailer for a second, haha. Gotta do whatcha gotta do. But it was a lovely late morning walk that I want to make more frequent with her.

9. I've been trying to get back to caring about the way I look. I've been off for a few weeks, living in jeans and no makeup or hair done other than mascara and a pony tail. Granted, this is my normal look, but for work I like to be a little more put together. I got a spray tan (for free- WHATS UP ZOOM TAN FREE TAN WEEKEND!) on Saturday and this morning I rather liked how my makeup looked with it. It's hard to see in pictures, but it looks nice. I'm getting, "You got some sun this weekend!" Not, "You look like a cheeto!" so that's good and all.

Not Pictured: Thursday night we went to McCurdys Comedy Theater at their new location in downtown Sarasota and saw a Tampa based comedian named Steve Miller, who was HILARIOUS. My face hurt so bad from laughing by the end of the night. We also tried Winghouse for the first time and were horribly disappointed. No thanks, won't go back.

Also, Saturday night we had a family game night where everyone came over for beer and pizza and we played Cards Against Humanity. Jason finally got to meet the cousins and now he's met my whole family. It was a great way to spend my cousins last night in town with them.

So that's what's been going on in my part of the world. I hope you're all enjoying your summer as much as I am!

Oh, I'm also happy to report that we're beginning to see the light as far as getting out of my parents house goes, so we're trying to sit down with my aunt (who is a realtor) and looking into first time home buying advantages and seeing if buying is the route we want to take right now.

Stay tuned for that, because if we do buy we would get a fixer upper, which means some good before and afters. Everyone loves a before and after!

Lastly, my birthday is in exactly two weeks and I'm psyched. I don't care about presents, I just love having a reason to go out to dinner with friends and family and have a good time- not that my family has ever needed an excuse to do that!

How are your summers going?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.