Someone Did Something REALLY Crazy



Heyooooo. 

Last we spoke, I was posting a bunch of pictures of things we did over the summer and making my life look a lot more fun and exciting than it really is. Awesome. A+ for me.

The current excitement happening is this: we're buying a house.

Cue dramatic music.

Someone was actually insane enough to want to give us money for a house. 


Well, turns out that houses in Sarasota are absolutely ridiculously priced (duh) and the thought of a mortgage payment higher than $900 a month scares the ever lovin' eff out of me, so I'm thinking a fixer-upper may be in order.

We're going to see some houses on Thursday afternoon with my aunt, who is our realtor, and I'm not sure yet if I'm hoping we fall in love with something or I'm hoping we don't quite find anything yet.

There is one little bungalow that has been completely redone and is ADORABLE, but it's only 857sqft and only 2 bed/1bath. But it has beautiful wood floors, a redone kitchen, a HUGE backyard (WITH a chicken coop and raised garden beds already started!!!), crown molding, french doors, and a garage (which is our biggest need, and surprisingly tough to find in our price range in Sarasota).

And I love it. But it's at the verrrrry tippy top of our price range and is SO TINY. Which is not my bag. I'd like about twice the space, and three bedrooms. That way we have a guest room for his family to visit, and an office space.

Sigh. Why is life so hard?
(Sarcasm.)

On top of the house hunting, we're going to New Orleans next month and I am SO EXCITED. I haven't had an actual vacation in about five years, and we never had a honeymoon. Considering we'll be in NoLA about two weeks before our one year anniversary, I'm counting it as a honeymoon. 

Did I mention we're going with my parents? 

Yeah.

Either way, I'm psyched!

I've been to New Orleans quite a few times in the past, but this will be Jasons first time. He's determined that we find some amazing hole-in-the-wall places and try some new things. 

I just can't wait for a hand grenade and some great cajun.

And also not driving 3 hours a day for work for five days.
(Disregard the 10 hours we're driving there and 3 we're flying back.)

And maybe a Pat O'Briens Hurricane. 



post signature.



2 comments :

  1. Argh, home buying. So stressful. GOOD LUCK!! I hope you find something you love! (We're in escrow hell that will be over today or tomorrow... without confirmation on the outcome yet.) You should definitely check out Nola restaurant in NO. Love that place. :) Don't forget benegiets. And Hurricanes. And wander around. Oh, I love New Orleans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanna go with you!
    i'll meet you there?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.