Summer Break


(Note: this was meant to be posted on Wednesday morning. We had our meeting about getting a home loan, and I'll follow up on that next week. Have a nice weekend!)


Hey. So, wow, it's been a while. I kind of really liked it, if we're being honest. I wish I could tell you that the reason I've been absent is because I've been so busy having fun that I haven't had time to write. Unfortunately, it's mostly that I've been so busy at work that I couldn't fathom putting my fingers to a keyboard, post work-day. 

I've spent the last two months stealing breaks in the bathroom so that I don't hyperventilate or have a breakdown. In a few short words: we've been busy.

I'm probably still not going to be on here much for a while. But I thought I would pop in and give you a little update on life lately.

I got one of these. My parents went on vacation to Branson and the only thing they could think to bring back was this pink gun mug. The first two things my mom thinks of when she thinks of me are pink and guns, so you know, my mom and I have a special bond. (Pink and guns are actually pretty accurate buzz words for my life.)
I ate one of the top 5 best meals of my life for my birthday dinner at Owen's Fish Camp. It partially consisted of the below fried green tomato and goat cheese salad, and deviled eggs with pickled mustard.
I tried to re-learn the guitar. Some things came back, some didn't. I tried this for about a week before I, in true Jess fashion, lost interest again.


Been hanging out with this lazy bitch a lot lately. She's a good snuggler and a loose lady.

The rest of the losers I've been hanging out with:
These two aren't losers. They're just awesome. They came to visit me from North Carolina.
I directed an ice bucket challenge for my work.
Discussed this at length (no pun intended) with my coworkers.
Read on the porch a lot.
Had some happy hour dates with mom at Roys.
And saw some of the most beautiful sun rises on my early drives to work. There's nothing quite like the summer sun.

But yesterday, the computer back ground officially changed, there was apple cider in my mug, and my coworker brought in candy for the candy jar (which tends to only get filled in the time between Halloween and Valentines Day), so it seems I'll be bidding adieu to this summer and frantically waving my arms at my good friend Fall as it approaches.


Today we have a meeting with a mortgage lending company to find out if we're approved for a loan to buy a house. Wish us luck.

Oh, and next month we're going to New Orleans! I'm so excited that I actually talked Jason into it!

How have your summers been?

3 comments :

  1. Luck being magically sent your way on your home loan! We're about to be in the same boat, my husband and I finally decided to house shop so bring on the stress! :)

    And....BADASS MUG! I've wanted that same friggen mug forever. What's the point of an amazon wishlist if no ones going to look at it?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooomg that condom diagram freaks me out in SO many ways. 3.8 inches.... HARD?!? and let's talk about Congo's number. That's just an average, so that means the other half is ABOVE that? omg, too much inappropriateness for business hours.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.