This is a weird post about my teeth.

You were warned.

Growing up, I took pretty good care of my teeth. I had braces for two years and was a pretty avid brusher, brushing at least once a day, sometimes twice. I wasn't raised in a home of flossers (this is a category of person; don't act like you don't know them), but I was never told by my dentist that it was an issue.

Cue turning 18: my dentist would no longer take me because he was a pediatric dentist and I'd become too old. So I go off to college with my pretty white teeth, not thinking anything of it.

See those pretty,pearly whites? Well, they were a LITTLE yellow.
 I was a smoker at the time.

Somehow, between the beginning of college and the end of the first year, I fell out of my good habits.

I'll tell you what, once you lose a good habit it's very difficult to get it back. I've been struggling for several years to remember to brush my teeth everyday, and I wont lie to you, sometimes I go days without remembering. Gross, right? I know. I'm sick. I'm vile. I'm....human.

I'm four for four since Sunday. WOO!

So, after having what I can only believe to be a microscopic oil rig happening in my tooth tonight (aka: crazy toothache from what has to be a cavity), I went crazy on them bishes. I flossed twice, then brushed, and rinsed like a maniac.

That's when I noticed something... my teeth are becoming translucent. Around the edges, and a few spots in the center of them, they're becoming see-through.

Cue the freak out.

After going nuts about my disappearing teeth (not to mention noticing my tender gums around them), I did some research on Google. The foremost authority on anything medical, of course.

What I ended up finding was a lot of before and after stories on message boards regarding my same issue.

The reason that I tell you this story is this: if you're having this same problem, don't cry. It's fixable. I've discovered that it's more than likely just a nutrient deficiency. You need magnesium, calcium, and vitamin D. Easily fixable with some drugstore purchases.

After seeing peoples transformations in just 3-4 days, I'm convinced that as soon as I get paid on Friday, I'm vitamin-ing it up.

Really all this post leads to is that next week, I'll hopefully have some badass before and after photos for you.

Also, maybe it will hopefully get me into the dentist. I haven't been since I left my pediatric dentist.

That's almost 8 years, if you're counting.

Sorry this was about my teeth.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments :

  1. I found it funny that you forget to brush your teeth. :-) btw, you're very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.