Warning: It's a wedding post.

I realized that for someone who is 5 months away from her wedding, I post very little about it on here. Part of the reason I started this blog was to document this time with Jason (I'm not calling him future hubby anymore- it's annoying) before the wedding, in case I ever need to come back to see where we began.
 
So in the spirit of that, I thought I would do a post showing some of the things we've decided on for the wedding, and some of my favorite ideas from Pinterest as well.
 
Here goes!
 
As you already know from my last post, we're getting married in this beautiful place:
 
 
We're going to have the ceremony and the reception both outside. I just loved the southern charm feel of this country club. On their website, it says they're modeled after the beautiful style of clubs in South Carolina. It felt very secret garden to me, too. Here's the other side of this courtyard:
 
 
I don't want to give too much detail away, so I can have a nice long post about it after we're married, but here are a few little details.
 
We're going with classic black for the bridesmaids dresses, because I couldn't make up my dang mind about what color would make myself and my girls happiest. Plus, like I said, it's classic!
 
 
It looks like we're picking up this Ralph Lauren suit this weekend for Jason. He looks so dang cute in it. I can't stand it. I love a man in a suit. And this suit is gold.
 
Sorry you can't see the pants. But the pants look like pants. So there ya go.
 
And then something similar to this, underneath:
 
Light pink, with a bow tie. But the bow tie will be all him. His character will probably come out there, haha.
 
I want a low up-do. Something to give my hair volume, but make it so I don't sweat my balls off.

 
Wedding nails. Need I say more?

 
This is generally our table setting. Instead of roses, though, we're doing hydrangeas. We wanted to keep it short and simple. The gardens have so much beauty already that we wanted to focus on showing off the natural elements with lighting.

 
Speaking of the lighting. This is a picture of the lights all lit up, that are already in the garden area.
 
 
And we'll be adding more to bushes and such. I also have been trying desperately to find these:
 
 
Please excuse the fact that I blurred out the faces. This photo is only for light ball purposes. I stole this personal photo from one of my favorite blogs, Blonde Southern Lovin, because it seems to be the only dang place I can find a picture of these things! They're hanging from all of the oak trees on 5th avenue here in Naples, and I even called their officies and no one can tell me where I get them. I'm gettin' desperate, guys. If you have an idea, please let me know.
 
Be right back. Taquito break.
 
 
Mmm. Taquitosssss.
 
Okay, I'm ready again. Sorry. My appetite is slowly coming back after being sick. I'm embracing it. There's a French bread pizza in the oven. Oh, yeah.
 
Alright, I had more planned but I think that's where I'll leave off. I have a pizza to attend to and save the dates to finish (a week late).
 
See yah!
 
post signature

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.