Weekend Wrap-Up

I almost started this post off with, "Happy Monday!" but then I realized what a fool I'd sound like.
 
Moving on.
 
This weekend was fairly uneventful and I feel like I got absolutely nothing done.
 
Friday night I got home and spent 30 minutes prying what to eat for dinner out of Jason. That's always fun. We ended up with Dinty Moore Chicken and Dumplings, a baguette, and wine. We're real high class.
 
Saturday we woke up (ridiculously) early and ran errands. We mostly just created larger piles in our guest bedroom. The room is a decent size but it's being completely taken over by wedding piles and my laundry. It's getting ridiculous in there. I'd take a picture, but our guest room is comprised of random pieces of furniture that we couldn't make work in any other room, so it's pretty hideous.
 
We also decided that Saturday would be a good time to play around with some recipes. Jason is cooking all of the food for the rehearsal dinner. We're hosting a cocktail party, so we're doing tapas, basically. Chicken and beef satay, caprese cups, stuffed mushrooms, you get the idea.
 
So on Saturday Jason decided he wanted to test out his caprese cups idea, which of course turned into making random stuff. I'm not complaining, though. It let me practice my food photography.

 Caprese Cups
 
 Caprese Bruschetta
 
I'd really like to build a light box, since the lighting in our house is about as good as a strip club on a Tuesday afternoon, but then that's just another thing to try to find a place for in this house.
 
On Sunday I drove up to Ft. Myers and met up with a couple of my bridesmaids. We bought my maid of honors dress for the wedding, I met her new boy toy (whom I loved), and we finished planning the bridal shower/bachelorette party.
 
I'm so excited for the bachelorette weekend! It's me and 4 of my ladies, relaxing by a pool, drinking my famous pina coladas, and eating delicious food. I can't wait!
 
Long story short, my weekend was pretty tame, and my house is a total mess. I usually clean on Sundays but since it was spent planning, NOTHING got done. Well, some laundry did. But that's because Jason had no work clothes and he basically pays the bills around this place.
#trophywifestatus

Sami's Shenanigans

 
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.