A Manners Rant


I just wanted to take a moment to talk about manners. I don't know about you, but I was raised with them. Not sure what they are? I know some people definitely aren't. This is for you, in case you're wondering:
Please make note of #2. Specifically the word polite

The lack of proper manners in our society has been particularly frustrating to me, lately. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in being walked all over; I'm a southern woman, I never allow that to happen. But what ever happened to saying, "Please," and "Thank you," when someone does something for you? Or holding the door for the person behind you? 

Didn't anyone elses parents raise them to treat others as they'd like to be treated? Peoples brains are too buried in their own selves, or in their phones, to realize that real life is happening all around them and they're just cruising through it like there's no one else around. 

I'm as much an Instagram and Pinterest addict as everyone else, but I'm perfectly aware that when I'm interacting with other people (particularly strangers) that I need to put my phone down and handle my business. 

I stopped to get a RedBull at 7-11 the other day and the cashier was talking on her cell phone as she rang me up. On speaker phone. With the volume turned up all the way. While standing next to her manager.

What even is that? 

First off, it's bad management, but I won't go into that because I'm not the franchise owner of that 7-11. Mostly, it's so incredibly rude. If it was an emergency, she should've taken the phone into the back room and let the manager handle the register. If it wasn't an emergency, she should have called them back on her break. 

This incident isn't what I'm riled up about, it just is a reference. I'm so tired of people being rude and I just don't understand how people can be so self-centered that they don't notice the world around them.

Do me a favor today, guys. Hold the door for someone, compliment a stranger on their outfit or smile, say thank you, or you're welcome, when someone helps you with something. Flash someone an ear-to-ear smile. Just be nice.

We need more of it in this world.

And now, a few eCards that I find to be 100000% true.







post signature

1 comments :

  1. THANK YOU! Oh my God, people have NO manners anymore. Kids are the worst now because their crappy parents didn't teach them to be nice. When I was a kid I remember my mom and dad making my brother hold the door open for us or the lady behind us if she didn't have a man with her because... IT'S POLITE.

    What is our society coming to?!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.