Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been a while since I've done a weekend wrap-up because, honestly, I haven't been doing much on the weekends. I clean the house, grocery shop, and lay by the pool (which of course, I snuck in). I also added a new book.


Also, there was pancakes.


But this weekend, we had some plans.

On Saturday, Jason and I drove up to Sarasota to see my parents and have dinner with them and my brother. My parents are huge foodies, just like us, so we love eating with them. We decided to cook for them this time, and we made steak, lobster, shrimp,baked potatoes, pan mushrooms, garlic bread, and Caesar salad. 

We spent the night around the dinner table laughing and drinking. Far too many whiskeys were had.

On Sunday, we went shopping for a bit and I got this ADORABLE Cynthia Rowley dress that I can't wait to wear (aka: tomorrow, because I have installs at the beginning of this week). I'm too lazy to get up and take a picture of it so basically it looks like this and has pockets and a little keyhole up top.

We spent the rest of that afternoon having libations with my cousin Kelley and her boyfriend, Brian.

Then... THIS IS WHEN THE WEEKEND GETS REALLY AWESOME.

WE GOT TO SEE ALTON BROWN DO LIVE COOKING DEMONSTRATIONS AND FOOD-BASED MUSIC. IT WAS INCREDIBLE.

If you ever get the opportunity to see his tour, I highly advise it. I haven't laughed that hard, while learning that much, since Sex Ed class.

After Alton, to best thing ever happened and we found a Popeyes that was open at 10pm and we GORGEDC ourselves on chicken, biscuits, and red beans&rice.

Monday I had a model install, which will be stunning. We're finishing it up today. Stay tuned for photos of that.
Oh, also, we got the most beautiful gift from my grandparents friend.


post signature

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.