Weekend Shenanigans

Could it really be Monday morning again? Every week, Friday comes and we're happy as clams, but then Monday has to show back up and ruin the party. Don't get me wrong, if Monday didn't show back up, I'm pretty sure that would mean we were all dead, so I'll take Mondays as they come, I'm just saying. A couple of Saturdays in a row wouldn't hurt.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BAD IPHONE PHOTOS?! LET'S DO THIS!

Anywho, on Friday I managed to make it to the gym (1 point for me) and also managed to somehow STILL FORGET TO CHECK THE FUCKING SHOWERS. Excuse my language. I'm angry at myself. 

But then I came home and made this Shepherds Pie and all things were right with the world.

It was bubbly and yummy and didn't even need to sit long at all to set up. 

Saturday was a pretty glorious day. I woke up around 7:30am and started cleaning VORACIOUSLY. My parents were coming down to visit. Enough said. It took me a few hours to get everything in tip-top shape because I'm definitely that lazy wife that dusts around things instead of under them and that morning I had to do things differently. But I have to say, I'm sneezing less, so maybe a change needs to be made (it won't be).

Then I went to Target and WANDERED FOR THREE HOURS. It's so easy. It's ridiculous. Of all of those pieces of clothing that I wanted, they had NONE of it in the store except the multi-colored pop overs. I had 1 in my cart but it just didn't feel right so I put it back.'

I did pick up these oversized COMFY t-shirts, though:

Possibly the best $12.99 each that I've ever paid. I've spent the last 48 hours in these shirts and I am NOT disappointed. Though, I am disappointed that they didn't have any of that adorable seersucker stuff. I'm just not down with ordering clothing online. It NEVER fits. Too many delicious curves on this butter ball. 

We went to dinner at our favorite Italian place on Saturday night, of which I took no pictures, then we all came home and passed out on the couch to Bob's Burgers around 9pm. 

The good news about Sunday is that I DID take TWO WHOLE PICTURES.

And there they are. A limejito and goat cheese tart with ratatouille at our new favorite brunch spot, The Ridgeway Bar and Grill.

Then we walked around the 5th Avenue Art Festival for like three hours where I proceeded to get a necklace tan (boo) and Starbucks passion tea (yay) and ran into our favorite artist. After we chatted him up for a bit we went home, napped, then my parents left and I stocked my fridge with healthy yums, the end.

Also my new most favorite thing every is having a bowl of prewashed strawberries sitting in the fridge where I can just grab one and pop it into my mouth.
How beautiful are strawberries?!

post signature

1 comments :

  1. YUM i love strawberries! always so refreshing. i toss on a dollup of greek yogurt for a healthy snack. nom nom.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.