The Wo-Man With the Plan

Hey guys! I took a little hiatus this past week so that I could get caught
up at work. We had a craaaazy busy off season and it's finally giving us a
small reprieve, so I took advantage of the extra free time to get organized
and catch up on projects that had been neglected.

Anywho, during this time I was not so successful with my healthy eating.
Jason and I tried to start the week off right, but we failed miserably on
Monday night, when our friends came over for the NCAA game. We ended up
having chili dogs, French fries, and macaroni and cheese. Then we had
cookies for dessert. Cookies that I've been snacking on all week long. I'm
probably eating between 4-6 cookies a day and that makes me want to cry. Not
sure if those tears are happy or sad, but either way.

So the plan is to start again. I know they say Don't Wait For a Monday,
Start Today! but I'm going to wait for Monday. I've got some fun plans this
weekend that I want to fully enjoy and they involve pizza for lunch today, a
paint party with booze and food tonight then drinks and dinner after, and
lastly brunch with my bestie tomorrow. There will probably also be brunch on
Sunday, and we're doing Sunday supper with my brother. Suck on that,
healthy. But Saturday night I'm going grocery shopping and getting the goods
to start fresh on Monday. 

The plan is to eat different variations of a lean meat/veggie/complex carb
mix. There will be several stir-fry's (sans sugary sauces and add brown rice
instead of white) and I'm also going to try to limit dairy (which I think
makes me feel like poop). Along with dairy, I'm planning on trying to keep
the unnatural carbs to a minimum. I'm not going to eat heaping helpings of
the brown rice or whole wheat pasta, and I'm going to try to keep most of
them earlier in the day, if possible, so my body has a chance to burn them.

Here's a little sample of what I'm going to be eating throughout next week,
and hopefully the following weeks:


All of these recipes can be found at the following links:

Baked Zucchini Chips

Thai Peanut Spaghetti Squash

Garlic Roasted Shrimp

Greek Grilled Chicken Salad

Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad 

Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash

Garlic Mushroom Quinoa 

Oven Roasted Fajitas 

Like I said, I'll probably make a stir-fry or two and bring them for lunch,
and left overs will be fair game as well. Snacks will be fruits and veggies
(possibly in chip form, possibly not) and my lime&salt popcorn that I now
can't live without. I'm going to try not to drink, but if I do, it'll be red
wine. White wine I seem to drink like it's water, but red makes me slow down
and appreciate it.

I hope that this post might have given you some motivation to be healthier,
or to try some of these recipes! Hope you all have a great weekend.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.