Monday Motivation

Since it's the new year, I'm willing to bet that a good portion of y'all are on the same health kick that I'm battling with. Some days, especially on Mondays, I need a little extra motivation to try to make it through the day without a dozen cookies and a bottle of wine.

Sometimes that motivation involves reading healthy blogs or chatting with someone who is trying to lose weight as well. Other times, I browse Pinterest for things that stand out to me. I wanted to share some of those things with you.

Shameless plug: you can find all of these items pinned on my boards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I try to be realistic about my body type. I'm an hour glass, but I also run on the thicker side. I'll never be one of those girls who has a thigh-gap, but I'll always be one of those girls with a big booty! ;) However, I still find a variety of women's bodies to be motivational for myself.








These recipes look awesome! I can't vouch for any of them yet, but that Mexican sweet potato has been on my mind since I pinned it!

 Mexican Sweet Potato

 Spaghetti Squash Mac N Cheese

 Salad Inspiration

And it never hurts to have a sense of humor about your situation.



Here are a couple of links that you might need in order to be prepared for your next work out.

 Workout Playlists

 Post Gym Pretty


I'll end this Monday with a little motivational saying for you. Sometimes a few words can make all the difference.



I have to think about this one all the time. It's easy to think, "Everything would be so easy if I was skinny," but that's just obviously not the truth. Life is never easy, no matter your body shape or size. What I focus on instead is all of the things that I've held myself back from due to my weight. All of those days that I wanted to go to the beach, but I felt too insecure. All of those parties where I chose not to dance so that people wouldn't look at me.

I want to live my life to the fullest. I try, every day, to have confidence in myself but sometimes it's just too hard. Some days, I let my weight get the best of me. I want to live happy, healthy, and fully.

What do you want your life to look like?


post signature

3 comments :

  1. It's so hard to find that happy place of putting a focus on your health and fitness without letting the goals and ambitions and thigh gaps of the world drag you into an unrealistic expectation for yourself.
    Just focus on putting good food in, moving every day, and creating a body that will be around in 60 years to hang out with your grandkids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the inspiration photos you pinned. I'm with you on having a big booty, but it's something I've come to love about my body (and guys love it too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummmmmmmmmmm i need that written on my fridge.
    DOING IT TONIGHT.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.