Weekend Wrap-Up

It's time for Miss Sami Shenanigans' Weekend Shenanigans!



I really can't believe that it's already Sunday night. Where did my weekend go?! I sincerely didn't get much of anything done. Oh, well. What else is new?
 
Friday night was spent sucking down vodka-sodas and shoving Little Caesars down my throat as fast as I possibly could. That is really about all we did. Besides falling asleep on the couch.
 
On Saturday, FH woke me up around 7am (which I tried to tell him was HIGHLY unacceptable for a Saturday morning, but he didn't agree since he'd been up since 4am). We lounged around for a bit before running some errands.
 
We got labels and envelopes for our save the dates. I can't believe they're going out this week! We're just under 6 months out.
 
While we were running errands, he treated me to some Essie nail polish (more like got tired of hearing me whine about how expensive it was while staring longingly at it) and I searched for some fake tanner but Walmart is lame and didn't have anything but the Jergens gradual tan lotion.
 
Can I just go off topic for a minute and tell you how much I dislike Walmart? I really just can't stand it. The $3 total that I might save by going there is SO not worth the awful service. No one cares about you, or speaks English half the time (I don't have a problem with this until I'm trying to find something and they can't understand me, nor I them), and they certainly aren't THAT much cheaper.
 
They just piss me off to no end. FH drags me there ALL the time. I refuse to go. He has to get me in the car under the guise of going somewhere else, then tell me we're going there. Jerk.
 
Anyways, after errands, we went to see one of FH customers at a dedication ceremony.
 
That sweet little old lady in the center is Dottie Weiner. She's taught thousands of children to swim and to save lives at the YMCA down here at Marco Island. She's such a sweet old woman and a pillar of the community. Everyone loves her. Seeing her honored like this brought tears to my eyes.
 
After the ceremony, we grabbed some lunch and headed home.
 
Starting tomorrow, we're not eating processed foods for a week. By "we" I obviously mean me, with him having no choice about dinner unless he wants to cook himself something separate.
 
So in honor of eating clean starting tomorrow, I ate a boatload of crap this weekend. Shall I list it all?
  • pizza
  • margaritas
  • burger king
  • more pizza
  • cheez-its
  • chips
  • wine
  • chex mix
  • ice cream
And probably various other health-hazardous items that I've mentally blocked out.
 
Anyways. I eventually pulled myself out of my junk food coma and painted my nails with my new Essie.
 
I got Chantilly:
 The first time I put it on, I loved it. It was thick and generous with color, and dried so quickly!
 
However, as I accidentally knicked it on things and had to fix it, it became abundantly clear to me that the quick drying time wasn't necessarily a good thing.
 
Either way, I got them looking tip-top. Then I did dishes today.
Fixed them for a second time. Then I took a shower.
Fixed them for a third time.
 
The polish was just peeling off! I wear a basecoat of Sally Hansen Nailgrowth underneath, then the nailpolish on top, then a layer of Hard As Nails. Am I doing something wrong? I make sure to clean my nails first and I use cuticle oil (though I'm out at the moment, so excuse my gross skin).
 
My only guess is that the Nailgrowth is peeling off. It came off so clean and it didn't look like there was any residual nailpolish underneath.
 
Anyways, next time I'm going to try just the Essie and see how it works.
 
I got them all fixed up again. I went grocery shopping, I did laundry- things were fine.
 
I went to pour a glass of wine from a box in the fridge (ala Whitney) AND THE FRIGGIN' BOX RUINED MY NAIL!
 
 
UGH! I don't get it.
 
I'm over it.
 
Anyways! That was my weekend wrap up. I'm writing now while FH plays Call Of Duty. We had breakfast for dinner and that's about it! I'm thinking early bed time.
 
Night y'all!
post signature

2 comments :

  1. New follower from blog hop!
    hell0ashleyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very nice weekend!
    PS New follower here!
    Stop by some time.
    http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.