Manic Mondays

I don't know about y'all, but I have a love/hate relationship with Mondays.

I love that they always feel like a fresh start. A brand new beginning without having to lose or change anything to get it.

However, that new beginning comes with putting away the wine and getting my butt back in to work. I love my job, but if I could work from home or get to sleep in until 9am everyday, I would love that even more.

So here I sit at my job, ordering a $14,000 quilted sofa for a client with more money than they know what to do with, hungover. I thought it might be good to remind myself of the things that I'm thankful for today.

I'm thankful for the quiet in the office this morning as my dehydration headache slowly goes away.
I'm thankful for the love I have from my family, friends and future hubby on a daily basis.
I'm thankful for the meatball sub that I think I'm going to eat for lunch. Must. Eat. Greasy. Food.
I'm thankful for my bosses, who are incredibly fair and very good people.
I'm also thankful for my coworkers, who that mostly applies to as well.
I'm thankful that I'm able to provide for my household and enjoy fun things, like happy hour with FH on Sunday afternoon.

Lastly, I'm thankful for my blog, which lets me spew all of the random crap that's happening in my brain out onto paper (figurative paper, of course).

Not to mention you guys for reading. If you're out there.

Also, I saw something cool over at A Blonde Ambition Blog that I want to do.

On Friday, April 26th, it will be Why I Blog Friday, instead of Confessional Friday.

 
So be ready on Friday for a post with about the most random crap thoughts ever.
 
Also, I think Mondays may be Model Mondays from now on. No, not models like super models- you think I want to look at those girls on a Monday morning when I'm hungover and lookin' more like a racoon than Benecio Del Toro.
 
Model Monday would be a relfection on the styling of model homes that my work has recently completed.
 
If you're not aware, I'm a design assistant at a high-end interior design company. I have photo after photo of completed model homes on my iPhone that I'm always passing around and showing people. So why not do a review on my blog?
 
If this is a horrible idea and you've happened upon my blog somehow, please let me know before I put this into action next week, haha.
 
Love, peace, and chicken grease!

 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.