Tasty Tuesday

No outfit post today.
I've failed at my challenge already.
 
I was running very late for work this morning so I couldn't get any photos, but rest assured my hair and make-up are done and I'm in a dress, so all is well with the world.
 
I even have 2 bows on today. Yep. It's a two bow kind of day.
 
But since I pledged to write every day this week, I'm instead going to share a "family" recipe with you (which might be a recipe that a bunch of other people know as well, but no one that I've made it for outside of our circle has ever had it before). It is AMAZING. I mean, anything that involves a stick of butter and mushrooms has to be, right?
 
For those of you that don't like mushrooms, you can omit them from this recipe, but I encourage you to give it a try because they really don't hold much flavor value in this dish! Try something new!
 
I don't have any pictures of it, since I'm just posting this off of the top of my head, so I'm using Google images of dishes that are similar.
 
This will be the easiest and most delicious dish you have EVER made. It's only a few ingredients and you basically just dump them all into 1 dish and pop it into the oven! It doesn't even need any salt and pepper.
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1 cup white rice (or any kind you like best)
1  10.5oz can of beef consommé
1  10.5oz can of French onion soup
1 stick of butter (I use salted for this)
(can be reduced by half.... if you want... I guess....)
1 jar sliced mushrooms (you can use fresh)
 
**Note: The recipe calls for the small jar of mushrooms for an 8x8 casserole dish. I like a LOT of mushrooms, so I use a large jar for a small, and 2 jars for a 9 x 13, if I double the recipe.**
 
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. While the oven is preheating, place the stick (or a half stick...wimp) into an 8" x 8" square casserole dish, and put the dish in the oven, allowing the butter to melt.
 
When the butter has melted (be sure to watch it and not let it burn), take the casserole dish out of the oven, dump everything into it, mix it together, and then pop her back in the oven.
 
Bake the dish for 30-45 minutes (the time varies greatly depending on your oven; please take this into consideration). You'll know it's done when the mushrooms have all floated to the top and are dark brown and small. The rice will be cooked on top, but not super crunchy.
 
Warning: this is a GREASY and BUTTERY dish. It is not intended for diets. But it will be the best damn rice dish you've ever had if you give it a chance.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments :

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.