This Hart of Mine

I have a real love affair with the show Hart of Dixie. More notably, I have a love affair with the character Annabeth Nass, played by actress Katilyn Black.
 
To me, Annabeth embodies the exact type of southern lady I’d like for myself to be. She’s feminine and classy, but she’s also strong and isn’t afraid to stand up for what she wants. She’s also determined and isn’t scared of a fresh start, or to go after her dreams.
Granted, if you’re a fan of the show then you’re aware that her best friend Lemon (Jamie King) pushes her to do a lot of these things, but we all have that best friend who encourages our dreams, right?
 
Anyways, what I’m getting at is that I was watching Monday nights episode on Hulu last night, and a lot of the episode was a story line focusing on Annabeth. Staring at her gorgeous style through the whole hour long show made me realize that she is absolutely my style icon. I don’t care if she’s just a character! I found a great website (www.shopyourtv.com) that shows you where the characters clothing comes from. Unfortunately, Annabeth wears a LOT of Anthropologie, Kate Spade, and Lilly Pulitzer. All things I can’t afford.
 
While I don’t have a closet worthy of Annabeth Nass right this second, I did try to model myself after her a little bit this morning. I’ve never seen Annabeth in jeans but, how realistic is it that I would never wear jeans? I just made sure to keep it feminine and classy.
(You can't see them, but I'm wearing pretty little white flats.)
 
I also tried to model my hair similarly, as hers always looks flawless. I'm having a pretty good hair day, but I think I could improve. I'm still learning. Hi, my name is Jessica, I'm 25 years old and I have just now started styling my hair. No more clips and pony tails every day for this girl.
Also, in the spirit of the changes that I’ve been trying to make for myself over the past few weeks, last night I made a homemade veggie soup with the random vegetables that I had in my fridge and pantry. I was trying to save money, but still eat healthy, and the soup turned out absolutely delicious! I have to thank Madi for encouraging me to try it, as she made an absolutely delicious veggie soup on Sunday for her and her husband to enjoy. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to try one, too.

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments :

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.