Creating Yourself

 
I know that I’m not the only one out there who imagines the person that they want to be. Who looks to others for inspiration in life. I see so many amazing women in the blogging community who, whether they’re trying or not, are an inspiration to those of us out here who are still finding ourselves. Don’t get me wrong- I know a lot of things about myself. I just happen to also know that I can be a better, more motivated person than I already am. You ladies show me that every day.
 
Jason, my husband (that feels weird to type- it’s still so new), loves me for who I am, and I know that. But there is this part inside of me that has this longing to be a certain type of woman for him. Someone he can truly be proud to call his wife. I want to be someone who is determined and motivated, who goes after what she wants with abandon and a strong sense of resolve.
 
I mean this on many levels: health, monetary success, personal success, etc.
 
Today is November 1st. It’s a Friday (I’m sure you all know that already) and it’s also my last day of slack-off time. Tomorrow morning begins a new Jessica. I’m not looking to overhaul my life or do a rapid change, I want to start making small changes that are good for both Jason and I. He works at 6am tomorrow, and my body is now so used to waking up early that it’s been waking me up around 5:30am anyways, so I’ll be getting up early with him to start the day. I’m hoping to get up early and begin cleaning the house. I’d like to get outside some, whether it’s for a run, or by the pool. I need to spend more time outside than what I currently do, which is essentially none. I’d like to take my DSLR somewhere pretty and practice my photography. I’ll be cleaning, meal planning, grocery shopping, and organizing. Jason will be off work at 2, so hopefully we’ll get out and do something fun together. Maybe happy hour, or if there is a festival in town.
 
All I can really tell you is that I’m excited to embrace life more than I have before. 2013 is almost over and I can successfully say that it’s been an amazing and busy year. A life changing one. But I’m ready to make 2014 my bitch, so I’m putting good habits into action now. Let’s do this!


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments :

  1. YOU GOT THIS GIRLFRIEND. In my opinion, starting your day early with some planned (and productive things) really sets the tone for your day. it's why i always need to workout at that time - then it's done and i can proceed with my day knowing that the hardest part is already under my belt.

    as we all love the you now, it's always good to reflect upon ourselves to make things better. so i'm truly looking forward to your updates! any change is a great change that should be celebrated! :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girlfriend! You can do this! And congratulations again on your marriage! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! This is always exciting. I'm always here to join in on the ride. We can become the women we want to be together... in a non sister wife kind of way! :p

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.