Realistic Office Space Dreaming

As I sit on my parents couch with my laptop doing just that, sitting on my lap, getting ready for day two of my work from home adventure, I can't help but dream about beginning this day in a pretty office space that's just mine.

I've been dreaming about my own office for quite a while now. I'm big on having my own personal space, and as any of you who have lived with a man know, when they're around, there is no personal space. Add your parents to the mix and right now I've got the privacy equivalent of a toddler.

So I asked myself, "Self, when you move next month, what is your office space going to look like? What are your needs, wants, DREAMS?!" And my self answered, "WHOA, NELLY. Slow it down. I'm a broke newlywed, let's keep dreams out of this!"

And that brings me to the reason for my post: My realistic office space dreams.

I have this desk, already, though we've removed the keyboard slider because A) I have a laptop, and B) it's spent most of its existence with me serving as a vanity.


Some day, I'd like a much bigger desk. This guy is barely functional for me, as I use a lot of space at once. Something like this maybe:

(source did not work; found on Pinterest)

Also dreaming a little, because I know that the one in this photo is expensive, but I'd really like a functional-yet-pretty desk chair like this one:

(source did not work; found on Pinterest)

I love the idea of floating, open shelving above the desk for storage of things that you need to reach often, and building shelves isn't very hard. They're also not that expensive to buy pre-made these days.


But I'd also need some sort of pin board space where things I need to glance at a lot will go. I like the idea of this, but I wouldn't do the word WORK. Maybe I would do my blog name (but that's really long), or HUSTLE if I want to make myself laugh a little.


If you know me at all, or have paid ANY attention to my blog name what-so-ever, then you know I'll have a bar cart in my office. Come on, people, it's only logical. I like this one, but it's a tinge expensive. I'd probably fashion a bar out of something I find and paint from Goodwill.


As far as decor goes, the walls would be light (whether they would stay builder-grade white or get painted would all depend on how long we were planning on staying in this place), I would girly it up a bit of course (though, as far as my understanding goes, I'm to consider this a shared space, according to Jason. Now that I'll be actual working, not just blog working, I think I get a little more free reign, though) with maybe some wall decals or books wrapped in a pretty paper. There would definitely be flowers and side panels around whatever window(s) there was.

I'd also like storage space along another wall. A full storage wall might be a bit much, and I LOVE how this ends up giving you shelving space, in a way, up top. I would definitely decorate similar with leaning paintings and such.


The last thing I'd really like would be a little reading corner. The chair is versatile in that someone else can share the room with me, if need be, plus a chair always looks good in a corner! I like the color and pizazz of this one, with the bow pillow. I'd definitely need a $100 Home Goods find for that bad boy.


Do you think I forgot anything? What are some of your must haves for your work space?


post signature

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.