The Hardest Post I've Ever Had To Write

Things have been pretty stressful in this household the past few days.

On Friday, an unexpected tragedy struck our little family, and we lost a dear friend. Jasons boss, Ron, passed away out of nowhere. A seemingly healthy, 53 year old man. Not only that, but probably the single nicest, most generous person that I've ever met.

Ron cared so much about his employee's that before leaving the store, everyday, he thanked each employee for their hard work. More than once he helped Jason and I out of a bind, and we were fortunate enough to have him at our wedding, back in October.

We only got a short 2.5 years with him,but he touched our lives more than we ever realized. The world, without a doubt, has lost an incredible man. And Heaven has gained an incredible angel.

What this means for Jasons future at the company is unknown, considering he was in the process of signing a 5 year partnership with Ron. For the next few weeks, he'll be working about 70 hours, if not more. I'm really just focusing on doing everything that I can for him to make his time at home as comfortable as possible.

I just can't shake the heartbreaking sound of Jasons voice, when he called me to tell me on Friday. It's tough. It's hard just seeing his photo up there, and it was even harder seeing the Worlds Best Boss trophy that Jason and the employee's had specially made for Ron just a few months ago for Christmas on display in the store, but we know that he's in a better place and God has a plan for him, and for us. We're just waiting to see where this new path takes us.

The memorial is on Saturday, and as sad as it is to say, after the memorial, I'll be doing my best to not think about it for a while. Though that will be nearly impossible.

Please keep Ron's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.


post signature

1 comments :

  1. Just know that I'm always here if you need someone. Staying positive and being supportive of Jason is about all you can do at this point. I can't imagine how hard it would be, and I wish I could go back in time and make it go away.

    I'm so glad that you got to know him, and that he was in your lives, blessing you for what little time he was.

    Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.