Great News and Weekend Plans


Hey y'all! Happy Friday! Let me tell you, I am READY for this weekend.

So yesterday I said that I would give you an update regarding Jasons job search. Well...
THE SEARCH IS OVER.

He went in for his first interview on Wednesday morning and got offered the job yesterday! It was open interviews, so anyone could've come in, and he was the first one there (in his bow tie and all!), and by the fact that I'm sure they saw a ton of people and he got a call back the very next day, I'm assuming they really liked him.

I'm so excited for him! Also, that definitely takes some of the pressure off of us, and off of living with my parents. He'll start training next week and we'll find out more then.

Things this first week have gone pretty well. I love my mom and she's one of my best friends, but we definitely fight like teenagers. I've been trying to keep my attitude in check, though. It's so easy to just fall back into old habits with her, and I need to stop being so argumentative and remember that they're being kind enough to let us live with them for free.

One great thing that happened this week was that we made these:


As you may or may not know, one of our least favorite things about our old place is that we had 0 outdoor space. I haven't eaten grilled meat at home since about 2007. I'm so excited to finally be able to just pop open the grill and cook some fresh food.

We decided that we're not going to settle, and no matter what, we're going to find a house to rent, not an apartment. If we can find a townhouse that has a small backyard area and a garage, that will work as well, but there aren't very many townhouses in Sarasota.

We're going to take this weekend in, because now that Jason is back to work in the restaurant industry, he'll be working weekends a lot.

I'm not sure what the plans are for tonight. I'd love to make it over to White Buffalo and do some line dancing with my country sister from another mister, Emmy Lou, but that probably won't happen.

Tomorrow night we're going to a Storm game (arena football) in Tampa, so there will be tailgaiting and probably drinking too much. But I'm excited for it!

Sunday will be a day to relax and grocery shop. We've got to get back on a healthy schedule! And now we have to try to correlate it with my parents. This should be fun... ha.

Do you guys have any fun plans for the weekend??

****10:30am Amendment to my post: I also just got a raise and a bonus. What the what?! This Friday rocks! (I know it's not classy to talk about money, but I'm too excited to care!)****



2 comments :

  1. He got a job and you got a raise and bonus?! holy cow, you guys are rockin' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PASS YOUR GOOD DAY TO ME! I need a raise and a bonus! :))))

    Holla! I'm so glad that Jason found a job that he's excited about! Also. Go line dancing because it sounds fun and I've never been.

    and pass me the yumms

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.