Weekend Update with Norm McDonald

Okay, so maybe this isn't with Norm McDonald. I wish it was. He used to crack me up. But it's a weekend update either way.

I had a GREAT weekend. I hope you all did, too. I truly feel blessed to be back in Sarasota with my family and building a life with Jason here.

On Friday night we didn't do much but have drinks on the patio and enjoy each others company, which was exactly what I needed after this work week (which was amazing, but the drive does wear on you).

On Saturday we spent most of the day just hanging out, but we went to a Storm game (arena football) at night with my parents and their best friends.
I don't know about you, but I don't mind staring at men in tight pants, with a beer in my hand, for a few hours.

Sunday was a great day in my books. We dropped a few last items off at the storage unit and headed over to the mall. We picked up a shirt and some shorts for Jason then we headed out to Lido for lunch at the Old Salty Dog. 



No filter needed. It was such a stunning day out that I can't even explain it. I have to say, I really feel truly blessed to have gotten to grow up and live in Florida. I'm so excited to be back in Sarasota with my family to love and enjoy it even more.

The Old Salty Dog is a great place right on the bay. Their specialty is the Salty Dog which is a 1/4lb (home made) hot dog, beer battered and deep fried, then topped with whatever you want. Jason had this amazing delicacy while I felt guilty and had a turkey club. But you better belive I didn't skimp on the beer and I absolutely enjoyed that crab dip you see up there.

On the way home from the Old Salty Dog we noticed that our favorite artist had a display out at the Art Fest that was going on in St. Armands circle. His name is Scott Causey and he makes beautiful pieces that are colorful and fun.
We said hi to Scott (Jasons family is close with him because they've bought so many of his pieces) and agreed to make plans together soon, before we headed back home.

The rest of Sunday was spent relaxing on the patio with my mom, the dog, and a beer, and blogging from there. Which is what I'm doing now. Here's proof.
Hashtag INEEDATAN. 

post signature

3 comments :

  1. I am in desperate need of a tan as well. :) Sounds like a super fun weekend, and I am definitely jealous that you're lounging around the beach all weekend... though I did play sand volleyball on Saturday, which is kind of a beach activity! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. florida is one of my most fav states! i SO NEED some beach right now it's not even funny.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed the art festival, I was SO bummed!
    I am glad you guys had such an awesome weekend, the weather was perfect.
    Who doesn't love men in tight pants:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.