Jumping on the goal train.

I'm typing this from my Kindle, so if words get funky you'll know why.

I've been seeing a lot of September goal posts the past few days and while I've done these posts before, I've never followed through with them well.

There are a lot of things in my life that should be motivating factors, but for some reason that push just isn't there.  So I want to find it. 

My goals this month are simple: get my priorities and health in check.

I've spent too much time complaining about what I want and don't have, when I should be working for it, not whining.
 

Keep improving my diet. 
I can't lie to you guys. When I would eat before and not think about it, I would eat upwards of 3,000 calories a day. I would skip breakfast but eat a way too big snack at 10am, then an oversized fast-food lunch, and a way too big and bad for me dinner with a bottle of wine on the side and definitely too many snacks in between. It made me feel and look gross.

For the past two weeks, I've been working on that. Initially I was trying to eat low calorie (but your habits don't change in a day) and I would come home and binge. So this week I made a concentrated effort to bring my lunch to work everyday and try to keep it healthy, without starving myself. I managed to stay under 2,000 calories a day all this week. 

That might not seem like a big deal to you, but as an emotional over eater, it is to me. It's going to be a long journey to changing my habits, but it can be done. It just takes time, effort, and the retraining of my brain.

I've also got to start working out again. I absolutely HATE running, but probably just because I'm so out of shape. I've taken almost two weeks off from th gym. It's time to get back in.

Priorities
My main priority right now needs to be my relationships with Jas, my family, and my friends. Priority number 2 is health, and 3 is money. 

My relationships are healthy, but there are 1 or 2 that could use a little extra lovin. My health I've already covered.

We're doing alright money wise, but I'd like to think that someday we'll buy a house and (someday much sooner) a new car for me. We spend money on the dumbest things. One of them is food; and CONSTANTLY. Most of the rest of our spending is just on really dumb stuff.

With my goal of bringing my lunch to work, that should help me save around $200 a month. On top of that, I'm going to stop clothes shopping unless I need an item for something. Aka: I need a dress for my bachelorette party, so I'll buy one. But I'll make sure it's wearable again, not expensive, and I wont buy anything else.
 
All of the other random crap that we spend money on is usually Jasons influence. The man loves to go to Walmart and buy the most random crap he possibly can. I kick and scream everytime he drags me there with him, but I can't stop him. All I can do is go with and try to talk him out of stuff.

So there you have it. My main goals for September.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments :

  1. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this. have you calculated your daily caloric needs? it's different for everyone and while these numbers are for reference purposes only (so that you don't go over), it's also good to see what you're eating by tracking it for a while on myfitnesspal <--easiest app to use.

    and remember: BABY STEPS!! if sticking to a certain calorie range is your first goal, only focus on that; never mind the gym for now until you are comfortable with your eating...you'll get to all of your goals in due time. besides, cleaning up your diet is 80% of your success and takes time so you're doing the hard part already!! good luck and let me know if you have any questions re: fitness/nutrition etc.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can do this! One week of healthy lunches done! :)))) We won! We won! We won! :)

    Also, J and I made a budget and decided on our spending money amounts. We get the same amount out in cash. That way you know when it's gone, but you also don't have to justify or explain any purchases... because they're not on the bank statement!

    We've got this in the bag! Here's to a fabulous September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya; I just got around to sharing some goals LAST WEEK, as in nine months into the year. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.