Life.

I've been feeling like crap lately and I'm sure a lot of it has to do with all of the crap I've been vehemently shoving into my mouth and the fact that I haven't worked out in over a week.
 
We're officially less than 2 months away from my wedding. I need to lose 10-15lbs to make my wedding dress fit perfectly. Not to mention, I need to lose 60lbs, over all, just to be in a healthy weight range.
 
I'm really tired of feeling like crap all the time. I'm mostly writing this entry for myself, so that I can look back at this when I'm doubting myself, but if you're feeling the same, I welcome your support.
 
I need to make some changes. I've definitely increased my veggie intake the past few weeks, and it's showing in my nails. They're stronger and longer than I ever remember them being. The rest of everything I'm eating, though, is total crap.
 
So my plan is, this week, to bring my lunch everyday, and to try my hardest to make it not processed foods. I'm also going to try to work out four times, which since tomorrow is Tuesday, I guess is every day this work week (I definitely felt like I was in Mean Girls when I wrote that. "You can only wear your hair in a pony tail once, so I guess you chose today."). I need to start lifting again. I was doing cardio three times a week and eating pretty healthy and I wasn't seeing any changes. I was thinking back to when I saw the most (healthy) changes, and that was when I was lifting. (I say healthy because I've done some pretty unhealthy things in the past to lose weight.) So I'll get back to lifting. It makes me less sweaty, anyways, so maybe I can go in the morning before work and not have to take an ice cold shower, but manage through the day.
 
Anyways, I just had to get this out of my system. Thanks for listening to me, whoever is out there.

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. a combination of cardio and strength training gives you the most bang for your buck. i mostly lift with some cardio during the week but i do HIIT cardio which is shorter yet more intense. i refuse to do cardio (unless it's trail running) for more than 40mins!

    the important thing is that you recognize what needs to change. it's also hard to work a new routine but keep in mind that in order for change to happen (and stick aka creating a habit), you need to do that activity every day around the same time for 4 consecutive weeks and only then, will it be a regular part of your day.

    good luck

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both. I am a firm believer that if you eat crap, you're going to feel like crap. I'm very excited about having you as an accountability partner for this 'journey' to our ideal bodies! :) Also, don't stress about the wedding. It'll be amazing, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.