It's the second most wonderful month of the year.

October being the first, of course.

But, September.
 
Ohhhhh, September.
 
I have a feeling you've got some great things hidden up your (long and warm) sleeves.
 
September means so many things. Even here in south Florida, you can feel the difference in the air. The past three or four days have been hot, yes, but it was a different kind of hot. It was dry, there was no humidity in the air, and every now and then when the breeze blew, there were intermittent gusts of cold air.
 
I sat by the water for lunch on Saturday and barely sweat a drop. I sweat a lot, you guys. Like more than the normal 300lb football player. Also, I had had about a glass and a half of wine at a local wine store (tasting) and J and I split a pitcher of raspberry margaritas. Alcohol makes my sweat even worse- BUT ONLY LIKE THREE DROPS. Guys, it was gorgeous.
 


 It was beautiful out. You can't go wrong with conch fritters and blue crab rolls, with raspberry margaritas on the side.
 
Backing up a day, Friday night was awesome. I got off of work, picked up some fresh corn and seafood, and off to home I went to make a delicious Florida style low country boil.
 
 
We ate it at the kitchen counter and spattered seafood broth EVERYWHERE.
 
We also had some delicious sea scallops on the side. My favorite.
 
And now it's Sunday afternoon. I'm cleaning (barely) and just generally relaxing (a lot).
 
Tomorrow, Rachel comes over so we can go over bridal shower and bachelorette party stuff. I'm excited to get some of that off the plate. I'm realizing now how much we really do have left to do, and we're less than 2 months away from the wedding.
 
I hope everyone's having a great three day weekend.



post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. Sounds so relaxing and you cook your own scallops?? I'm impressed but only because I can't cook that to save my life

    Happy weekend!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you never invite me for drinks there?! :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.