Blowin'

So yesterday blew.
 
 I was supposed to work a half day, then spend the rest of the day doing wedding errands with Jason, but fate decided that we didn't deserve a nice, easy day.
 
So instead, as I'm driving to work at 6am, I get a phone call from Jason that this just happened:
 
 
So my happy ass turned right around to bring him the wheel lock that he didn't have in his car, and basically spend the morning running his work errands with him so that the mechanic could look at his car and tell us that we're out $1000.
 
Yep, you read that right. $1,000. It was $549 to replace his tires alone (all 4 hadn't been changed in 7 years), then on top of that, the shredded tire severed his ABS line and pulled the wheel flashing off, so that's about another $600.
 
I'm an incredibly stress free person. And I'll admit, Jason dealt with it all very well yesterday. He normally acts like a 2 year old who had their ice cream taken away, when something goes wrong.
 
Well, then he called me this morning.
 
Basically he's freaking out. In combination with his car, he also had a reliable employee put in their 2 weeks notice, and he's starting to freak out about the wedding, which is in 1 month today fyi, so he's having a freak out 2 year old day. I can't deal with that shit. Man up. I don't put up with freak outs or stress. I'm that person who says, "You know what? You're still alive. You still have a job. You still have a family that loves you. So what, we lost $1k of our savings? We'll have that back again. How about you count your blessings that you weren't hurt when the tire got all screwed up? LIFE. GOES. ON."
 
So anyways, I'm going to let him have his freak out day but he better get his shit together or I'm going to have to man up for him.
 
In other news, my diet is going really well. I'm down about 3lbs, for a total of 5lbs lost in the last week or so. I've been eating a lot of stuff that looks like this:
 

 
 
Also, I had seen online where someone had created something called Oopsie Bread, which is bread made from cream cheese, eggs, salt, and baking powder, and that it was a really good option for if you're dying without your carbs.
 
Well, I made some, and it was actually really delicious. Jason even ate a bunch. It comes out more like a really fluffy pancake, and looks like this:
 
 
 
Don't let that silpat fool you. Even though I've had it for a few years now and not a single thing has ever stuck to it, oopsie bread will. Butter or grease the frack out of that thing or you'll end up with this:
 
 
 
Also, sugar free kool aid has pretty much saved my life. I don't drink anything diet, ever. I wrote a 12 page paper in college about the affects of aspartame on the body and the cancers it causes, so I try to stay away from the stuff (with the exception of my sugar free RedBull a few times a month, and the occasional diet coke when I'm feeling like I'm craving a soda and that's all that is in the house) but I'm also a total sugar addict (I'm a girl raised in the south, sugar runs in our blood!) and so not being able to have ANY sugar basically is killing me. So I'm going to give myself a pass on this fruit punch because I have no will power.
 

 
So that's what's up. We did all of our wedding stuff yesterday, but that's for another post.
 
I have to go. Bye.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments :

  1. Yikes! I hope the weekend is better for you guys. I probably would have cried if I had to shell out $1K for my car...mainly because I don't have $1K...but then I would have gotten over it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.