A Little About My Job


You may or may not know what I do for a living. I'm going to tell you
a little bit about it. Because it's fun!
 
For a little over a year, I've been a design assistant at an upscale interior
design firm here in south Florida. It sounds relatively glamorous, but honestly
it's just a lot of ordering, computer work, and organizing.
 
The designers bring me what they want, I get the pricing and availability, I put it
on a presentation, they present to the client, the client signs off, and then I order it.
 
After that, though, is when this happens:








 
This is a beach house in Matlacha, FL that we just installed today.
 
It's not complete, because the family is waiting for the furniture that they
already own to be delivered and placed, next week, and all of their little
tchotchke's to be put neatly into their nooks and crannies.
 
But for the most part, my experience with this home is over.
 
It's actually been a really long, semi-painful process, as the DA who was
originally working on this for over 6 months left smack in the middle and
I was left training a new employee to take it over, only to half-way
still own it and end up installing it by myself today.
 
Luckily, the designer who did this project is a peach and the
delivery boys were pretty cute. Not to mention our warehouse guys, Manny
and Tony, kicked butt and knocked it out.
 
I got very, very lucky with this job. I was working a construction sales
job that I had been at for 5 years, and while I LOVED my co-workers,
I cried nearly every day for the last 6 months that I was there.
 
I found this job on Craigs List, NEVER expected to get it, and I had it
within a week. It's been an incredible experience ever since.
 
I'm so fortunate to say that I wake up every morning, not
despising the idea of going to work. Sure, I might need an extra
cup of coffee to deal with some things, but there are no tears and there's
usually happy hour with a gal who has become a pretty
good friend of mine.
 
I'm blessed.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.