The Person I Want To Become

I read five or six different blogs pretty regularly. These women inspire me in one way or another, usually, and I was recently thinking about what it is that I see in them that I appreciate.
 
I've realized that each of these girls have several things in common that I view as positive. I've been working on myself for a while now. I know that there are always things I can work on, while still staying my goofy, weird self.
 
Here's a little list of a few of the things that I would like to incorporate into my life, or accomplish, by the end of the year.
 
  • Continue to see friends and family on a regular basis. This one I've been working on for a little while now and, recently, I've managed to do a  much better job. When I moved in with Jason in Naples, I moved an hour away from my friends and two hours away from my family. This eventually turned into me spending a lot of time on the couch, or just hanging out with Jas. I became lazy and I stopped seeing any body. I used to get out and see friends all the time. I want to keep it up. If you've seen my previous couple of posts, I've been doing a good job at seeing friends and family lately.
  • Treat myself the way that I feel I deserve to be treated. This includes things such as getting my hair done, taking the time to do my make-up and put my outfits together, learning to incorporate exercise into my daily life, and not eating junk that makes me feel like crap all of the time. This one has been a little harder for me, but since I got my hair done a little while ago (for the first time in years), I've been working hard at making myself presentable. I just feel better about myself when I do. I also want to incorporate regular running into my days. It would give me the energy that I need to keep up with the first item on this list, haha.
  • Keep my relationship with Jason close and personal. I don't want to blast about him 24/7 on the internet and he equally doesn't want me to. I need to learn that I don't need to tell everyone everything about us. Keeping a lot of it personal can keep us closer. When everyone knows everything about your relationship, unsolicited advice and opinions come out that can cloud your head. We're not even married yet. I want to enjoy this time together.
  • Try new things. This one I'm terrible at (unless it's food or alcohol). I want to try new recipes, hang out with new people, do new things. Jason has given me a couple of opportunities lately with a photography club and a church, and I've been afraid to try them because we don't know anyone there. I need to stop worrying about that. Just try new things and experience life.
So that's really what I've learned from other bloggers- the women that I respect. Go out and have fun, treat yourself well, enjoy your man, and just live life.


I'm working on it.

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.