Please don't think I'm a horrible person.


I sort of want kids some day. I mean, I don't really know.
 
I like them enough, but I also value things like sleep and liquor, you know?
 
So please don't think I'm a horrible person after I go on this rant, but..
I’ve seriously never been more annoyed by someone posting baby pictures online until this moment.
My cousin… is nuts. Every single picture posted since her daughter was born in February has been of her little girl. She’s cute, I get it. But she makes the same expression every time, it’s always just a picture of her laying or sitting somewhere, and when she posts it, it posts to the like 9 social media apps we share.
So I have to see each ducking (yes, ducking- this is a conversation about a baby) picture like eight bajillion times and I’m ready to defriend her. My own damn cousin, who was my closest family member growing up.
 
Now don't get me wrong, if I have kids I'm sure I'll post a nut load of pictures of them, too. But I'll at least make them be doing different stuff in each one.
 
Like maybe wearing a finger mustache.
 
Or like maybe paste their head onto something elses body.
 
Or give them a snarky little pop up bubble.
 
Or show how related we really are.
 
At the very least, I'd give them some kind of funny pacifier.





 
This has been a public service announcement to STOP POSTING THE SAME EFFING PICTURE OF YOUR BABY OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH THEM!
 
Like teach them how to tackle.
 
 
And now, to back that azz up with Whitty.
 

 
I've been obsessed with this song lately. It's not exactly an upper, but it is kind of relaxing.
 
Unless you have a lot of regrets, I guess.
 
Anyways, enjoy!

Memories Back Then (CDQ) by T.I. ft Kendrick Lamar, B.o.B, on Grooveshark
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments :

  1. if you want to see some really funny baby pics, google "baby with drawn on eyebrows" and get ready to shit your pants. you're welcome.

    and i totally get what you're saying. which is ironic coming from me because i'm a mom but even i get tired of seeing pictures of families and babies and whatnot. i don't even follow blogs or read any mom blogs because too many pictures of babies that aren't mine aren't interesting (sorry, not sorry!) <--horrible person right here :(

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually on the verge of convulsing due to those fantastic pacifiers!!

    I'm with you though, completely tired of people with babies owning my social media feeds. Babies are cute, but they get a whole lot less cute the more pictures are posted of them!

    I'll be following from Bloglovin'!

    -Lauren @ Going Green: Our Army Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea about weird and funny pacifier for baby! Seriously, I really loves baby pacifier and wubbanub which makes your baby cute but awful.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.