Wedding Wednesday

I couldn't think of a single thing to write about today, until I realized that I hadn't done a wedding Wednesday post in a while, and that our day is quickly creeping up. We're 2 months and 5 days out.
 
So in the spirit of that, I hopped on over to miss Kristyns blog and saw her post for today.
 
Brilliant!
Idea theft in process!
(I gave credit, so it's okay, right?!)
 
I didn't post our wedding party up on our wedding website because our friends do not like to be the center of attention, but considering no one that I know in real life reads this blog (as far as I know), I'll introduce you a little to them today!
 
 
 
My maid of honor, and best friend of 12 years, Rachel. Rachel is one of the most genuine, funny people that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. She's been with me through thick and thin since 7th grade. We lived together for 5 years through out college and I miss it every single day. If I'm having a bad day, she is the one person who can and will undoubtedly cheer me up.
 
 
 
Alyssa and I met in college and immediately clicked. Our shared love of wine and cheese, and boys, had us spending many a night on the couch together gossiping. Alyssa and I have been great friends for 7 years now. She has such a unique personality and soul. She, Rachel and I are our own little clique and she definitely fulfills the more responsible side of our group, haha.
 
 
You know how your parents have best friends, and sometimes they have kids at the same time as your parents did, and you become bestfriends from birth? That's Lindsey and I. Her brother, Erick, and my brother, Andrew, are the same age as well.
 
Lindsey and I spent most of our childhood making up dances to Spice Girls songs and arguing over who got what member of N'SYNC and the Backstreet Boys. She moved to North Caroline when we were 12, and I'm proud to say that since then, our friendship has become stronger than it ever was.
 
She has a beautiful family (not pictured: her marine husband, Malachi, who is busy off fighting for our freedom) and has grown into the beautiful woman that she is today.
 
Oh, Emily. My little sister, as I refer to her (she just calls me a cousin- how rude!). Emily is my mothers absolute best friend in the entire worlds daughter. Emily is a few years younger than me, but we've always been close. She's a BLAST to be around, always finding a way to many anything fun. She's a little bit crazy, but the good kind of crazy that keeps you on your toes, but not in jail.
 
I have a feeling that after she's at my wedding this year, I'll be at hers sometime shortly after (see that cowboy up in the picture with her? We love him, and he loves her a lot).
 
 
 
Dustin is Jasons older brother (by a year, though Jason looks like the older one) and I've only gotten to meet him a few times. He's always been very nice to me. He and Jason look like the same person, but from different universes. Jason is about 7 inches taller and probably has a good 60lbs on Dustin, but otherwise they have the exact same features. It's creepy, actually.
 
 
When Jason and I first started dating, he was living with two married friends, Mike and Krista. I was told that I should beware of Krista because she doesn't like a lot of people, but we ended up getting along great. Mike has been a major rock for Jason throughout the years. He's one of the most selfless people we've ever met, yet he's not afraid to call you out when you're being selfish and help you to a better situation. He's always making us laugh and he absolutely loves being around people. He and Krista now have 2 BEAUTIFUL little girls (who you've probably seen featured on here before).
 
 
 
Logan is one of the nicest, most reliable guys that I've ever met. You can always count on him to be a great friend and to listen when you're in need. The first time I met Logan, I fell in love with who he is as a person because he was just very welcoming and genuinely sweet.
 
 
Finally we get to: my brother! I was so excited when Jason told me that he wanted to ask my brother to be a groomsmen. My brother has only met a few of my boyfriends in the past, and of all of them, he got along best with Jason. They're only 2 weeks apart in age and have a lot of the same interests. I love that they get along so well, because it makes things a little less awkward for Jason at family gatherings to have someone his age who he can talk to about anything. He loves all of my family, but he's still getting to know them all.
 
My brother and I are 3 years apart in age but have always been close. He wasn't your typical brother. Very rarely did he do anything mean to me at all. Most of the time I was right by his side when he was with his friends in the neighborhood. They became like my brothers as well. I always got along better with guys, growing up. Now I get along better with girls. It's funny how things change.
 
Love you brother!
 


Chits and Giggles

 
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. Aw your stories about your bridesmaids are so sweet! How funny that I wrote about mine today, too! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you stole my idea....woo hoo! Well, steal is a bit harsh...borrowed? Anyways, these stories are great. And I don't think any of our bridal party wants to be the center of attention, but it's happening anyways. We sort of got their consent. HAHA!

    Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.