Blueberry Citrus White Sangria Recipe and a love letter about autumn.

 
Let me start this off by warning you that this stuff will knock you on your falafel.
 
I had some blueberries going bad in my fridge and a surplus of cheap Trader Joe's wine on hand, so naturally, I did what any wino in the depth of summer would do: I made sangria.
 
I made this one up myself, so please, tweak it to your tastes. It's not perfect, but it tastes good and one glass in, I started to feel a little woozy. So clearly it's awesome.
 
 
 
 
 
Cut your lime into wedges, and put it and the blueberries in the bottom of the container of your choice. Put your sugar into the mix and muddle the fruit with the sugar a bit at the bottom. Next, pour in your liquids, and stir until sugar is dissolved.
 
 
 
That's it!
 
 
 
Of course, it's the most delicious when chilled. And I recommend having extra fruit on hand for when you pour glasses of it.
 

 

 
Hopelessly Ever After
 
 
Enjoy this last month of summer because it will fly by. Even if, like myself, you live in a tropical climate, once September hits, all you'll see anywhere is fall decorations (which are already everywhere!) and pumpkin flavored foods.
 
I absolutely adore fall, but one of my favorite parts is that sweet serenade of summer becoming fall. The days feel longer, lazier, and more relaxing. The BBQ's slow down and you find yourself more and more on your front porch with a book and a glass of whatever your poison of choice is.
 
You start dreaming about all of the baked goods you want to make, and bringing the outdoors inside your home to decorate. Everything is laced with a hint of apple cinnamon and a breeze.
 
So laze around and soak in every inch of this last month of summer that you can. Eat all the fresh corn and seafood that you can get your hands on and nap in a hammock in your backyard.
 
Find every excuse you can to have daiquiris by the pool, and put absolutely anything you want on the grill or on top of a salad.

The warm blanket of autumn will be here to wrap around and cover up your bikini clad heart soon.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. first off, thanks for this recipe; i LOVE sangria!

    i agree about autumn; while it's sad to see summer go, i also love the cooler weather, the fall clothes and mostly, everything pumpkin (pie, teas and the color itself) :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm never tried a citrus sangria!!! But I love blueberries :) thanks for the awesome recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.