Southern Lovin'

So last night I posed the thought:
 


Obviously, I know that this isn't going to happen (sugar daddy who doesn't want any favors in return: are you out there?), but there's nothing wrong with dreaming, right?
 
It got me thinking. If I did come across a bunch of money and (for some CRAZY reason) didn't need to put it towards my bills or savings- what would I buy with it?
 
I like to refer to my first three years in high school as my I Didn't Get It years. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out who I was or who I wanted to be, so much so that I got caught up in a lot of 'trends', most of which were unfortunate.
 
I'm not going to bring back any of these photos. I don't even think I have any of them anymore, since Myspace deleted everyone's old photos.
 
I just mentioned Myspace and thought about my punk phase... time to move on. Shiver.
 
Anyways, my senior year finally rolled around and something dawned on me: stop trying to be someone in specific and just be who feels right.
 
So I dumped the band t-shirts and thick black liner and bought some clothes from the "regular" stores in the mall. Turns out, my heart is actually very preppy. Long story short, I let go and had an amazing senior year, complete with parties, random make-out sessions and beach days.
 
So the point of all of this (since there are no embarrassing pictures, there has to be a point, right?) is that I've never fully been able to get to where I want to be in a style sense. Turns our preppy is super expensive.
 
Here is my dream fashion closet, if someone decided that they wanted to hand me a bunch of money:
Pants, belt, and button-up via Vineyard Vines
Necklace and tank via Lilly Pulitzer
Hair and bow via A Southern Lady

 
I recently stumbled upon this girl, Jamie (above), and am now totally girl crushing on her. She's the prettiest little preppiest princess in the south and I'm totally in love with her style.
 
I just love the girly, relaxed, care-free feel of her outfits. They're dressed up but she makes wearing them like it's normal for anywhere. I love that.
 
So over the next few days, I want to go through my closets and put together outfits like these to help inspire me and keep me on the path to where I want to be.
 
Now if only I could lose these last stubborn 65lbs, I'd be in the money.
 
Whoops.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. i'm a total fashion idiot; most of my wardrobe consists of jeans and tshirts and this summer, simple dresses. accessories? forget about it. i always see fashion blogs with the most adorable outfits and i think: HOW DO THEY COME UP WITH THAT?! most of the time, i look like i just worked out but i'm comfortable in that and comfort counts, right?

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want cute clothes. The end. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.