Friday Favorites

Today's Friday Favorites are kind of a strange
 mix of things that I just couldn't get enough of this week.
 
 

1. I couldn't get enough coffee this week and for some reason, I'm really crushin' on it black. I ditched the dairy creamer a few weeks ago and was using a coconut milk based creamer, but lately I've just been brewing a K-cup, throwing it in a Tervis with some ice, and going on my way. I drink Folgers Caramel Drizzle. It has an amazing flavor and there's no actual caramel in it, so there are no added calories.

2. I've disliked avocados and raw tomatoes for as long as I can remember (with the exception of salsa and guac, of course). I've recently been forcing myself to eat them more and I'm finding that I'm starting to love both of them. Once I learned how good tomatoes are for fighting cancer, I was all about changing my taste buds. I started with a caprese salad and then just slowly started adding them to more and more dishes, and now I can successfully eat grape tomatoes in my salad without cringing. I have to eat them both mixed into something, though. I can't do plain. Gag me with a spoon.

3. I've been OBSSESSING over this vintage style dress that I got from JCPenney a few weeks ago. The first day that I wore it I got 17 compliments. SEVENTEEN COMPLIMENTS. And yes, I counted each and every one of them. This dress is ridiculously flattering, so classy, and probably the most comfortable one that I own that isn't a maxi. Who doesn't love a little vintage flair?

4. The want that I have built up for a white GMC Terrain has become unbearable lately. I currently drive a beat up, 2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport. It looks like crap, but it's still rolling at 120,000 miles and I've NEVER had any engine problems. The most work that I've ever had to do to this car in the 7 years that I've driven it is to replace the tires and a shift cable. I can't believe how little trouble the dang thing has given me, and that's why I feel SO GUILTY about wanting to get a new car. I paid off the Chevy in February of 2012 and have loved not having a car payment, but I just adore the Terrain so much that I guess I'm willing to fork out $300 a month for it. We agreed that after the wedding, we would look into getting me one, and we would sell my car extremely cheap to someone in need.

5. I got pearls as a college graduation gift from my parents in 2010. For a while after, I wore my pearl bracelet every single day. For some reason I stopped wearing it at some point last year, but this week it came back out of it's little silk box and made it back onto my wrist. It's the perfect accessory with my vintage style dress and a cute pair of heels. But who am I kidding? I wear it with everything.

Now back that azz up and get yo freak on this Friday.
 
 
 

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments :

  1. avocados have turned my skin and hair around! not to mention making #2 easy peasy.

    try ModCloth for awesome vintage dresses!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that song!!!

    And pearls.

    Happy weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here .. greaaaaat song choice. Def is on the repeat playlist of mine! Love the blog name. <3

    XO Fal
    FalFindsHappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! I'm a huge fan of anything classy vintage! :) Pearls are also the best accessory! :)

    I have an 03 Honda Civic that has given me NO trouble that has 160,000+ miles on it, and every day I think about how bad I want the new Civic SI... I feel bad for 'cheating' on Bunny (that's my car's name) in my thoughts, but I just can't stop myself. Someone help me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.