Weekend Wrap-Up and Pinterest Favorites

You know how I've been complaining about how I need a vacation? Or some girly time? This weekend was almost exactly what I needed (on a small scale, at least). Jason was closing Friday night, so I spent the night with a bottle box of wine, my Pinterest page, and Hulu, until he got home.Then Saturday morning I met my best friend, Rachel, for brunch at a restaurant in Ft. Myers called Crave. We waited for 45 minutes for a table, but we hadn't seen each other in a month and a half, so we had plenty to talk about. Also, the shrimp and grits were pretty tasty, so I'll forgive them for the wait.

After brunch, I went back home and laid by the pool. It was 72 degrees with a cool breeze and not a SINGLE cloud in the sky. It was incredible. I downed a couple of Straw-ber-itas, threw Drake on my iphone, and pinned some goodies.

Sunday I gave my blog a little sprucing up, did some dishes and waited for Jason to get home. We had some delicious Sonic (chili cheese pretzel dogs for LIFE) outside, and then did a little shopping. Then we cocktailed the afternoon away until I baked some cookies and Jason fell asleep on the couch. At that point, the Love and Hip-Hop marathon commenced. Also, blog posts and pinning.

So as you can tell,  I've been having a really tough time dragging my butt off of Pinterest lately. I'm always kind of obsessed, but it's been bad in the last few weeks. I've been spending too much time at work and at home pinning away, just living in my little fantasy world. 

I thought I would share some of my recent favorite pins with you, but I didn't want to just show you random stuff that I thought was pretty, so I broke it down into categories. 

Directions for washing your pillows.  Yes, that's right, your pillows. Not your pillow cases, but that fluffy thing underneath them that collects all of your drool, tears, sweat, and various other bodily fluids that you can keep to yourself.


A fun little lemon print DIY to get you in the mood for spring and summer. I don't know about you, but I think lemons are such a fun and pretty fruit to look at and to eat. Pretty much everything is better with a little lemon. 


I'm labeling this one useful because I was BAD this weekend. I lost 4.5lbs of water weight last week (without restriction, just eating healthy foods and plenty of them) and I guarantee when I step on the scale tomorrow morning, it's going to be bad. So I think I want to hang this on my fridge so that any time I go to look for food it stares me in the face.



Someone I follow pinned these earrings the other day and I've been mildly obsessed with them ever since. I LOVE tortoise shell, and when you put my monogram on them, I get all fan girl about it. These are super cute and I can't wait to add a pair to my accessory collection.


I'm not really THAT crazy over statement necklaces like most girls are. Generally speaking, most of the ones I see are pretty crazy looking. It's almost like people say, Let's find the ugliest shaped jewels we can, stick it on the cheapest chain that we can, and pass it off as gorgeous. And everyone falls for it. But when I saw these the other day, I fell in complete love. All I can say really, is just... pretty... and sparkly...and ooohhh..


I LOVE this eye makeup. LOVE IT. I want to recreate it, but I'm SO not a makeup artist. It just looks so natural and beautiful. SOMEONE COME TEACH ME.


 We have very traditional furniture in our bedroom that was a hand-me-down, but that I also happen to LOVE, and I like to try to find ways to make it a little more modern. When I saw this picture, I thought the combination of the lamp, the fancy mirror, and the silver in the vases. It really brightens up the dark wood of the furniture and kind of takes your attention away from the brass hardware.


This side table is my dream. I feel like I could sleep so well with this beautifully styled table next to me. Plenty of space for books, and it's just the right amount of feminine.


Jasons had to hear me bitch and moan about wanting an office for a year now. We have an extra bedroom with an office space in it, but it's my old flat-box, piece of crap desk that's black and fiber board, and it's just not inspiring or pretty. We also have no desk chair, just a big, leather traditional chair that is supposed to be in there for reading. This office space is SO inspiring to me. 



Remember how I said lemon is good on everything? This lemon chicken recipe looks so easy and flavorful that even though it's probably boring as hell, I really want to make it.


I've been trying to find new ways to have a breakfast in the morning, and have it be healthy and filling. Smoothies are something that I'm really interested in, but I find a lot of them to be... not so great. This one looks really tasty and since Jason opens pretty much every morning lately, I think I can make this one sometime this week! I just have to hit up Trader Joes for some cheap, frozen fruit.


These baked eggs with goat cheese and tomatoes look INCREDIBLE. And so easy to make. This would be something healthy that would be so easy to just throw in the oven and walk away to do my hair and make-up. I have to try this one.


I hope you found some things that were interesting or useful to you. If you haven't yet, you can check out my Pinterest page right here, and if you're interested, my Instagram here.

Try not to kill anyone this Monday. I know I'm struggling.


post signature

2 comments :

  1. i make cheese/broccoli omelets for the week and then individually wrap them so that i can grab and go. they're healthy and filling and yummy!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I know this post isn't about Sonic, but I could totally go for a chili cheese pretzel dog right now......yum!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.