Five on Friday

Can I just get an, Amen! Hallelujah! Thank the sweet, sweet Lord! that it's Friday? Yeah, you can go ahead and yell that in your office. No one will mind. While we're at it, kick off your shoes, grab a mimosa, and enjoy your Friday morning. Your boss won't care. They told me so!

This week, I'm finally joining in on the Five on Friday! I've been wanting to do this for a long time but I've never really committed to a blogging schedule. Last Friday, I planned out an idea for every day of this week and it's been SUCH a lifesaver. I even ended up switching some posts around for different ideas, so now I have some stored up! I think I'm starting to get the hang of this blogging thing. Now to use my DSLR more and do more creative things...



ONE.
I'm LOVING the sunshine all of this week! 
(Taken at Naples Botanical Gardens last Sunday.)

Spring in Florida is one of the most beautiful things you could ever experience. We have highs in the low 80's, cool breezes, sunshine for miles, and it's the perfect weather to enjoy a margarita by the beach or pool! I know that we don't get snow down here, but it still gets dreary and wintry. The clouds cover the sky, it mists or sprinkles constantly and it either gets cold or the air gets thick with humidity. (I'd still rather have all of this than snow- I'm not complaining!) Needless to say, I've been waiting for this weather since last spring.

TWO.
This scarf!

Once the new year comes, I immediately start thinking about summer (as evidence by the number one!) and that means thinking about Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. I don't know about you, but I LOVE the 4th! For the past few years, I haven't really gotten to celebrate- since we've been in Naples. But I don't plan on missing out this year. This year, it's on a Friday! Which means I can make it up to Sarasota to celebrate with my family, and even Jason can probably get time off to enjoy it!

Since I was so deep in thought about the 4th, I realized that I needed to start planning out this years outfit, and instantly I realized: I need a light and airy American flag scarf. Done. $2 on Amazon with no shipping from China, a quick run in the washer, and here it is! (I also got a neutral American flag scarf, and a ruffled leopard scarf in dark colors- all $2 a piece!).

THREE.
Tans.

Let me just start with this: I am not a tan person. I have spent most of my life freckly and red from the sun. I just don't have skin that likes to turn brown, instead it likes to burn and peel. Honestly, I like being pale. I find that it suits me, physically. Call it my longing for summer and love of this weather, but lately I've been obsessed with getting tan (don't worry- I would NEVER use a tanning bed, and I have 0 time to lay in the sun), so I'm pretty excited about the fact that I just found a free tanning coupon from all of the bridal shows we went to last year! I'm rearing to use this puppy, but I'm debating on if I should save it for a special occasion. Maybe... Valentine's Day? ;)

FOUR.
Moving.

We're probably staying in our place for at least another year, but I can't help but dream of all of the things we're missing out on, just because we live in a crappy condo that needs SO much work and has NO amenities- all in the name of saving money. I'm grateful for the roof over my head and blessed that I have the ability to save this money and live in beautiful Naples, but I just get so down sometimes when I think back to the amazing places I lived before I moved here. My last place was BRAND NEW in a high rise, with granite counter tops, two and a half baths, and my two best friends. Not to mention a gym and a pretty nice pool. My place before that was with my absolute best friend in the world, and had the most GORGEOUS pool. It doesn't look like that much in the pictures, but to the right was a tiki hut with a hot tub, and to the left was a tiki bar where you could throw parties. Behind the photographer was an area with loads of loungers, so that a BUNCH of people could lay out at once. And it all looked out onto a beautiful lake with a fountain.
 Not to mention that walking into the club house every month to pay rent was a JOY. It smelled like the islands in there, and looked it, too. Sigh. Bless it.


FIVE.
My new car!


I can't believe that I haven't written about my new car yet! My old car was falling to bits and pieces and will make some poor, broke college kid very happy, but I was ready for a new one. After two years of no car payments, I realized that my I'll still put away the same amount of money as my car payment into my savings every month! manifesto just WASN'T working. Also, I was beginning to get embarrased pulling up in my ratty old Cavalier to clients multi-million dollar homes. So one night I told Jason, "I'm financially and emotionally ready for a new car." And the next day, we bought the Yeti. Jason named her. Mhm.

She's got leather interior, a panoramic sun roof, heated seats, tons of room, USB hook up, satellite radio, and best of all: help me Jesus bars. One of the things I missed most in my last car.

I love her!

Any who, I hope you all have some fun plans for the weekend. I'm getting my back seat belts changed out in the morning, then we're spending one last day with Jasons mom before she leaves Florida and goes back to Indiana. I'm hoping there's some beach time in there! 

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments :

  1. Yay for getting a new car! That's the best feeling! It sounds amazing with a leather interior and a panoramic sun room! Enjoying cruising around!

    Ashley, Married to the Game

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) PLEASE send some of that FL weather our way. PLEASE, i beg you.

    2) yay for the new wheels!

    3) blog planning is a lifesaver. it really does help esp with all the other crap going on in your life! i write and schedule all of my posts for the week so that i'm not scrambling for ideas last minute.

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.