February Goals

This is how I feel this morning:



It's Monday again (sadly) and it also happens to be the first Monday of a new month! In the spirit of bullshitting myself trying to start off on the right foot, I've written up some goals for the month! I think they're reasonable, but I could be crazy.
 Continue making healthier food choices.
I’ve been doing relatively well on this, though I haven’t lost any weight. I’m eating foods that are better for me, but I’m still eating too much of them, or throwing in some unhealthy things after. For example, the other day I had a salad with chicken and avocado dressing for lunch, some veggies for snacks, dinner was ham and potatoes, but then for dessert, I ended up eating three cinnamon rolls. Dessert is my downfall. No more cinnamon rolls on the shopping list.
Write in my planner.
I’m pretty good at this as it is, but I need to get more detailed. I bought one of those really cute SugarPaper planners from Target, and I use it every day, but I tend to only use the calendar pages. I guess I just like to write the events, not the details.
 Keep being supportive of Jason.
He’s been working extremely hard through this transition, and while his new boss is showing him that he sees that, he’s not really happy to be in the position that he’s in. So occasionally, I’ve been coming in and working with him for free. I want to keep supporting him when he needs me, and this includes listening to him babble on about Subway business even when I don’t want to. His future is my future, too.
 Add a few key pieces to my closet.
Last weekend we got rid of three HUGE garbage bages full of clothing. Now that we’ve emptied out the crap, we’re ready to put high quality, classic pieces in there. I bought a few pieces towards the end of January, but we’re ready to get serious about this.
Save, save, save!
On that same note, we need to get our savings back up. We used a large chunk of money for the downpayment on my car, so that I could have a lower payment in case anything were to happen (Ron’s passing really showed us just that- anything can happen), and we also put a large chunk on our Best Buy credit card to get some of that debt with a high interest rate out of the way. Jason is a really good saver, and I’m not. So I want to just keep funneling him every dime that I can.
See my friends at least once.
I’ve talked a lot about my struggles with this in the past. Most of my relationships now consist of communication via text or internet with my friends, because of our schedules and distance between each other. But I’m already in the midst of planning a girls day with my bestfriend, so we’ll see.
Detail my car.
I’ve had the thing for three weeks and it’s already dirty as a pig in mud. I never would’ve thought that Naples was dirty until I bought a white car. It needs to be washed, Amor-all’ed, tire-shined, and the mats need to be wiped down.
Be nicer.
I really am a very nice person by nature (I’m BIG on manners and I think a smile can say more than any old word can), but there are a few people that I let get on my nerves easily, and I want to start getting better control of that. There is no reason for me to ruin my own day, when I can just smile, nod, and move on.
Try a new recipe once a week.
I bought the Slim Down South cookbook a month or two back, and I LOVE it, but I still haven’t cooked anything from it! I went through and flagged every recipe that made my little heart go pitter-patter (which was almost every one of them) and now it’s just a matter of getting them on the stove. I told Jason that I want to do a new recipe every week, and that I want the first one to come from that book. He’s in.
Don’t eat out for lunch more than once a week.
Exception to the rule: when someone else is paying. This is in many ways to control the amount of crap that goes into my body, but it’s also in regards to saving money. However, my job tends to buy us Panera for lunch at least once a month, and I don’t miss out on antibiotic-free chicken that costs me NADA.
What do you think? Are they reasonable?
What are your goals for the new month?

post signature

2 comments :

  1. I think these are really good goals. I think you can achieve them, and set yourself up for success! :) I've got my goals up today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals. Good luck with them! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.