Beginnings

As those of you who have been around these parts for a while know, I love a good, fresh start. You saw my February goals last Monday and I intend to stick to them as well as I can. One of them was to continue making healthy choices, and another was to try a new recipe every week. This week, I'll be trying 4 new recipes. 

Well, I've been waiting a few weeks to stick the sticky little pieces of my life back together. Since Ron's passing, our household has been in complete disarray, and until yesterday, it had been weeks since we'd been grocery shopping. But yesterday was GLORIOUS and I got entire house clean, all of the laundry done, went grocery shopping AND meal prepped a little. So I thought I would just share a little of my plan for the week with you.

First and foremost, I'm trying this 'Bombshell Spell' drink that you TIU girls are so nuts about. It's...and intersting taste. It's not bad, but that apple cider vinegar really does kick in and burn the crap out of your throat on the way down. Otherwise it's kind of tasty. I plan on drinking it every morning when I wake up, before I work out.

The second of the new recipes (I'm counting the Bombshell Spell) is the carrot cake muffins from the Slim Down South cook book. I've been dying to cook from this one since I got it, and I'm really bad at eating breakfast, so I figured making some muffins from this book would be a good way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

They turned out pretty darn tasty!

I subbed 1/3 of the sugar for stevia, but otherwise stuck to the recipe, and they turned out about 110 calories each. They're extremely moist and they have crushed pineapple in them, so they have a very unique flavor.

I'm also prepacking my lunches with a variety of foods. I find that when I bring leftovers, or try to bring something super healthy, I give up and go out and buy food. So this time I packed a plethora of delicious items to choose from, and they're all tasty and healthy!

Packed up for two days.

I've got 2oz black forest ham, 1oz cheese, 1 hardboiled egg, 6 strawberries and 3oz broccoli. Then I have another carrot cake muffin, hard boiled egg, and almonds to choose from for snacks. 

Dinner will be another new recipe and will be either "skinny corn-bread crab cakes" with a salad, or a crab-peach-avocado salad and biscuits.

Welp, I'm off to bed! I'm getting up at 4:30am to get all prepped for tomorrow and be up early enough to work out. Have a great Monday!


post signature

3 comments :

  1. food prep is so important to stay on track. i do that every weekend for the week.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins sound too good! Learning to eat a healthy breakfast helped me lose about 30 pounds a few years back and having yummy/healthy options like that makes it so much easier. I need to check out that cook book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those muffins sound yummy, I need to try them out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.