Realistic Valentines Day Gifts

For those of us out there who don’t drop $300 on Valentines Day gifts (like it seems every other blogger does- with what they post for their V-Day gift posts), I thought I would put together some ideas that won’t break the bank, but still get the job done. Not to mention that all of these are pretty darn good last minute gifts for those of you who are more in my realm of the world (aka: this holiday is stupid but I still love my significant other so I guess I’ll do something nice).
Of course, these may not fit you or your ‘persons’ personality, they’re just some ideas that I put together. I know for a fact that all of those shaving kits that everyone puts on their guys gift lists would make my husband laugh at me and tell me it was a waste of money. I also know that he’s super difficult to buy gifts for, though, because he buys himself gifts all the time and is more of a giver than a receiver when it comes to presents (get those dirty jokes out of your head).
Anyways! Some of these are gifts you can buy, but most are actions you can take. Either way, I’m willing to bet you’ll find something on this list that your significant other might like.

1.       Clean their car from TOP to BOTTOM for them. I’m talking detail work and everything. Buy some tire shine, some Armor-All, and some Windex and GET TO WORK. Jason is fanatical about his car being clean, so I know that if I surprised him some time with his car super clean, he would just about die of love. Granted, this one is hard to pull off without them knowing, but if you can do it before they wake up, or while they’re out with a friend, it’s do-able. If you'd rather not spend money on a bunch of Armor-all products and want to use what you have on hand, click the photo above for a great car detailing tutorial.

2.       Cook them their favorite meal. Of course, this one can get expensive, but I’m willing to bet that at least part of your relationship was bonded over food. Bonus points if you cook together in the kitchen. This is my normal V-Day plan. It’s a day that’s supposed celebrate your relationship together- what better way to celebrate it than by doing something together? Especially something food related. Mmm.

3.       Bake some stuff. Who doesn’t love baked goods? Find out if they prefer chocolate, nuts, fruits, etc. and then make them something tasty! Jason loves strawberry cake, so I think this recipe might be one I have to try! You can even add cute little messages on them! Or sarcastic ones, if you're like us.

4.       Leave them little notes with treats all throughout the day. Does your partner get up before you for work? Sneak out of bed and leave a little note on the bathroom mirror in dry erase pen (or soap works, too) for them to start their day with! Here are some other ideas that I saw on Pinterest that I thought were cute! These are easy to do last minute, or ahead of time, since it’s every day items that you just slip a little sweet onto.

5.       If all else fails, revert back to what you know. Make them a card with Power-point and funny stuff from online, and do the nasty extra-hard. You can’t go wrong!
Also, this is inappropriate but I laughed way too hard. We've all been there.



post signature

3 comments :

  1. bahahahaahah!!! that meme!!! OMFG at first i was like: what is that? then it realized it's a uterus!

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically I liked the spoon and kept using it......guilty as charged over here

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha everything about this is great! I didn't realize it was a uterus either! And I ALWAYS lick the spoon and keep using it. I think everyone is guilty of that. In all seriousness, these really are great realistic gifts. Food is the way to my mans heart and I always make him special treats for every holiday. For Valentine's Day he loves this muddy buddy chex mix that I make!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as wine, so lay one on me, hot stuff.